Photograph ✔️

A/N: 
sit back and read slowly.

It's quality over quantity :)  

3rd Person POV

1996

It's been three months. 

It's been three months since he last saw Taehyung and it fucking hurts not to know if he is doing fine or not. 

If he is still alive or not. 

Jungkook held the photograph of Taehyung, a polaroid that was taken when everything was fine and no war was going on between north and south Korea. 

Taehyung was in his civil clothes, giving away a bright boxy smile to the camera as he held Jungkook's waist in his free hand which was not used to post a peace sign by his eye. And Jungkook was wearing an oversized hood of Taehyung with shorts, with one hand falling limply by his side and the other hand doing the same peace sign as Taehyung. 

Behind them is a huge merry-go-round wheel with little bulbs which lit the night sky. 

The carnival Taehyung took Jungkook to before he had to go to serve the country. 

Jungkook held the pillow closer to his chest on a lonely night as his mind played the flashback making his tears escape all the boundaries he had built.

Although their love was prohibited by society, they still fought for each other. And it hurts. 

Taehyung is not there by his side and had to serve in the military since he is older than 18 and Jungkook didn't because he is younger. 

"Do you really have to go?" Jungkook asked as he sat on the bed, too weak to do anything since he had caught a fever yesterday.