Twelve

Grayson Sanders

I placed the table right where the guys want it, also fixing up their roof for the booth.

For Halloween this year, the student council decided to throw a school festival for everyone. So in the past few days, we spent all our free periods here, working the booths. Class A51 decided to make our booth a carnival-related one. Of course, adding a bunch of clowns and crap to make it more scary.

I was hoping for a haunted maze or something but apparently we freshmen can't even do that.

Shrugging these off, I walked towards Kyle who was carrying a box, grunting because of its weight. "Are you okay or are you constipated?" I teased

He just struck me with a glare. "Okay, Mr. Abs-man. Why don't you help me out with this?"

I laughed before walking towards him and taking the box. "Just get those extra poles over there." I moved my head towards the pile of things under the tree to our right.

Kyle nodded his head and walked towards the tree, getting the poles like I told him to do. Then for the next moments, we just continued setting up the booth. Kyle, and I did the higher parts not everybody could reach. Dani, Phil, and some of the girls did the clown drawings, while the rest were setting up the games. We didn't go all out just yet seeing that the festival would be held on Friday.

After a couple of classes, we went back to the courtyard to eat lunch and maybe decorate the booth a little more. I wasn't that hungry so I walked around the courtyard to see what everybody had come up with.

I've seen a couple of half decorated booths, some similar to ours, some different, some big, some small, some potential food stands judging from the sign they were working on, one huge tent which the seniors were gonna use as the haunted maze. All that stuff.

I was just about to head back when I was held up by Kyle and Phil, who were looking like tigers.

"What the heck is on your faces?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Isn't this cool?" Phil smiled. "Jenna and Katie painted our faces."

"Yeah. They're good artists, you should try it." Kyle added.

"Yeah you can do a tiger like us too...No! Let's make him a zombie." He gasped, pushing me to Kyle.

"How much coffee did he drink?" I asked Kyle, raising my eyebrow.

"I don't know. It's clearly not good for him. But c'mon." He grabbed my arm, dragging me to the booth. "Don't worry about them, they'll do good."

Come to think of it, attending the next class as a zombie isn't so bad. At least I can scare everyone and they don't have to go near me.

Can't blame an introvert now can you?

Kyle made me sit down on the chair in front of the booth. McCartney, Katie, and Dani were seated on the other side. "Back already?" Katie asked.

"Yep. And we got you a new customer." Phil said, resting his arms on my shoulder. "He'll go for a zombie look."

I didn't ask but okay.

"Oh, I don't know how to make a zombie look..." Katie muttered.

"Yeah and Gray doesn't even trust me with his face." Dani added.

With this conversation, McCartney sighed in defeat, knowing that she was stuck with the duty of making me look like the undead.

"Do we have other paint in there?" She asked the others, looking at the box under the table.