Twenty-Six

Grayson Sanders

"Okay class." Miss Evans called. "I'll be assigning pairs for this assignment, and it'll be your last one before your Thanksgiving break."

A couple weeks have passed and it's already Thanksgiving? Man, where have the times gone?

We listened to Miss Evans as she went through every pair in this class, waiting for her to say our names.

"Jenna McCartney and Raven Callisto..." She announced.

Jenna sighed.

"Why?" I whispered. "Wishing it was me?"

Of course I had to tease.

She nudged me, but nodded her head after.

I smiled. "Awww."

"Don't aww me." She glared.

I was about to say something until I heard, "Grayson Sanders and Anastacia Collins."

Okay, I knew we wouldn't be partners ever since Jenna's name was called.

But now I know how Jenna feels.

Just a little...

I grabbed my pen and started scribbling on the back page of my notebook. Come to think of it, my notebook's filled with nothing but scribbles.

"Sh*t I don't have any notes..." I mumbled.

"Language." Jenna nudged me again. "And don't worry I'll send you mine later."

"...and this is due on Wednesday." Miss Evans said, suddenly getting my attention. "Okay, feel free to use the remaining time to discuss with your partners."

"Shoot, what did she say again?" I asked Jenna.

"She said to make a presentation about any topic we've discussed in this class." She replied. "You need to start listening more."

I'm trying!

It's not easy to bring my full attention to the lesson you know.

I don't know how she does it.

"And because you have a problem listening in class, here..." She pushed her notebook to my side of the table. "You can borrow it for the night."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah." She nodded. "You could just take pictures of it and give it back to me tomorrow. I trust that you won't break it."

Of course not. I'm not as clumsy as you, McCartney.

"Okay I'll have to go and get this thing over with." She said, standing up. "You should start discussing it with Anastacia too."

I sighed. "Okay, see ya' later."

"Later." Jenna waved before walking to the front.

Now...do I stay here or go to her seat?

Oh, nevermind she's on her way here...

I recall working in a group activity with her once?

Oh yeah, she's the kid with jet black hair who always trails behind Jenna.

Why do I have short term memory loss?

"Hi Grayson." She greeted as she took Jenna's seat.

"Hi." I greeted her back.

"So...what do you want to discuss?" She asked.

Girl, I do not remember a single thing.

All I know are the topics such as rocks, plants, trees...