2. Pussycat in The Boot Waltz

They walked towards the classic bar to blending into the crowd and ordered some drinks.

"White Russian and Black Velvet, please."

Haru’s eyes still watching over those two men even when their drinks were arrived, made Daisuke stole a glance at him as his hand moved a glass of White Russian near his company. “Drink. They won’t go anywhere.”

“How can you tell if I don’t watch them, huh?” Despite the protests, he accepted the glass and sniffed the cocktail.

“The fuck is this?”

“Just taste it and you’ll know it.”

He tried to sip it and for a few seconds, Haru had a rather comical reaction—with furrowed brows, lips narrowed into duck’s beak, and groaned while put the glass back on the bar.

“Are you trying to poison me?” He hissed to Daisuke who enjoyed sipping the Black Velvet.

“Perhaps I would, if you’re so eager to watching them with those eyes.”

Haru clicked his tongue before then sipped it again, groaned lightly and put the glass down. He won’t take it anymore. Not his type of alcohol. He prefers Soju than this weird cocktail mixture.

His head looked over at the other side, there was a several crowd on the ballroom floor. They were dancing and chatting as bringing some glasses. Surely could be seen which those people were the affluent ones.

As if the timing were playing with him, a slow waltz song came up throughout the ballroom.

Ah, shit here we go again.

From far away, they can see the flamboyant man got pulled by his partner to the dance floor and immediately started to dancing—meanwhile the bald man just wanted to have some fancy time between the melodies of sweet instrumental songs.

These people really had some nerves, having fun while selling some deep pain to others.

As Haru thought, this time could be pretty much difficult to get closer and observe them. Either to just eavesdropping of their babbling or something that could be considered to be a clue, and caught them red-handed for this case.

But how?

At the sudden, Daisuke slowly stood up in front of Haru, who is his 'woman' for now. While being as a gentleman as he could be, Daisuke holding out his hand to him as smiling ever so thinly, perhaps like a smug grin just like what Haru could described to be annoying—if the lights were not so fucking dim near the bar.

"May I ask for a dance, madame?"

Remind Haru to give a hard punch on his ribs after this case was over, please.

Haru threw a half glare and smile at the same time, before his hand got pulled little bit slightly to the dance floor, went closer to the position where several of couple were also there to enjoy the activity.

Daisuke, who was still in a composed manner started to leading him to their destination.

Hands on waist with slightly wrapped and pulled him closer to each other and their hands intertwined together. Haru almost held his own breathe when it was too close to looked at him right on the face.

“Let's get closer, shall we?”

Unconsciously, his back slowly arranged to be a dancing posture. Just like everyone else, they were dancing. His face looked up as gasped when their distance were close, while the music started to put up with the melody for them.