𝒙𝒙𝒊: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

Just like a worried mother to her own kids, I left without properly  saying a proper goodbye to my friends. I just texted them on my phone in rush.

I don't know on how fast I arrive on our house but when I did a couple of cops cars are outside in our gate.

"Oh, Miss Son. What are you doing here—"

I didn't let the detective we personally know to speak more as I run fastly on the main entrance of our house. Something isn't right.

With some cops taking picture of illegal things such as drugs and gun my eyes drop on the three unknown guys who seems to break-in on our place.

"Is my father okay? How about Joonhwi? Where are they Detective!" The boiling up frustration in me burst-up when no one replied to my question. "They are doing fine, right?"

Pacing back and forth, a negative hunch envelop my mind as my eyes finally had a perfect view of our messy hallway.

The police are still keeping their mouth shut no matter how agitated am I infront of them. It feels like they are ought to keep quiet.

"Can I go now to my father's office?" Before I could take a step away from the scene, a man in my age held my elbow softly. "What? I still can't roam around?"

"I'm sorry Ma'am but we are still doing our operation." he explains, "you better just go back in your dorm and—"

"What? Are you freaking seriously telling me to leave?" I whack his hand that had been holding my elbow. "I am very worried on what's happening yet you can't even say anything to me!"

Tears started to form in my eyes and my vision started to get blurry. The detective my family personally knows make his way on my direction despite of him getting call by his other comrades.

"Your father had order us to keep everything private and it includes to keep this incident a secret first. Not only to the public but also to you."

With his brown handkerchief lending on me, he softly pulls me into a hug. "You remember what your boyfriend reminds you right? Put your self first for tonight."

My cousin in my mother side, who is known to be a famous detective in his field patted my head repeatedly.

"H-How did you know that...?" My voice became hoarse as warm tears are now falling down unto my face. "Did Joonhwi told you to say that?"

Pulling away to each other, Jang Joohyuk had no choice but to scratch the back of his neck. "I am supposed to keep this confidential but damn it but I can't also hide it to you."

"Oppa." I look-up at him, never minding the gazes we receive. "I promise to not do anything or mend. I will behave. I just want to have my question answered."

Nodding his head on me, Joohyuk Oppa gestures his other companion to give us some space to talk.

What happened to my father and Joonhwi must have been a little bit serious because if it is not. Son Gobin will never call someone he really trust to keep things as he always just go with the flow.

"Arasso but you'll keep your promise, right?"

"I will, Oppa."

As the two of us stroll around the garden of our mansion, even still my cousin isn't yet saying anything. I can really feel my self floating in the air.

"Uncle Gobin." My cousin stare intently at me when my head whipped fastly on his direction.

"He had been admitted to the hospital along with your boyfriend." Giving me a side glance, I knew that he is trying to see if I'd lose my cool any moment.