background

Where do I even begin?

It was the summer of '74, a new family moves in. The Hernandez's family. A single mom, a 10 year old and a 8 year old stay at their new house to get away from gangs and bad stuff in Compton. The mom wanted them to have a fresh start of something.

Back in their old home, they were treated like dogs just because Daniela's dad was a gang leader. She was mad that her dad did not see her as his child but saw her as a rag doll. So, that's why they had to move.

The day they appeared at their new door steps was the day Daniela would meet her new long time best friends (that's what every 10 year old says about every friend they make).

Sad that it didn't come true. Guess somethings don't last forever.

In the start of freshman year the five boys change from sweet, thoughtful, selfless boys, turned into stuck up and mean males. They were bullys alright but they didn't scary Daniela, it just made her mad. They ignored her, they even talk bad about her time to time, they just forgot about her.

Untill senior year hit. Daniela was already popular because of Ali, her best friend, and because she is on the softball team for the school. Her name is always talked in the halls making her ex-best friends wondering what she been up to lately.

When they saw her junior year close up, they saw one of the most beautiful girls they ever seen in their lives but they saw their best friend they grew up with and the one they left in the dust. From that day moving forward they try to get her attention, wanting just one glance from her, but it never came.

They still try untill senior year of '84 where the whole ball game changes.

Do you think they get that glance or will they get something more then just a glance?