03

Daniela's pov

Daniela's pov

---------------------------

I make it back onto the dirt where my tryouts were being held, walking to pick up my helmet and bat. As I shake out the dirt that was coming from inside of my helmet, some girls were laughing. I turn to look their way, seeing them stop laughing. I shake my head, it's not my fault I care for people.

I walk over to the back of the line where the rest were waiting to hit. Someone walks behind me and taps my shoulder. I turn around to be met by a familiar face. Martina Gomez, one of very best friends. I met her in softball, in my freshman year. 

"So, how are the Cobras," Martina asked.
"You know, the same stupid kids, thinking everyone wants to be with them," I said, with a sigh.
"Or, thinking they can hook up with you," Martina said, with a smirk and raised eyebrow.
"Yeah right," I said, chuckling.
"Oh come on, can't you see it. They are so into you," Martina said.
"Okay okay, let's finish these tryouts, and we can finish are talk later," I said, making Martina nod.

Time Skip

I open my GYM locker, putting away my helmet, bat, glove, and my softball clothes. I close my locker turning to look at Martina who was putting away her stuff. I walk over, feeling guilty how I acted talking about the Cobras.  

"Hey, sorry about our talk on the dirt," I said 

"Don't sweat it, I could tell you didn't want talk about it," She said. 

"Then why did you bring it up?" I asked. 

"I wanted to know what happened over there. Sorry for putting you in an uncomfortable position," She said, putting an hand on my shoulder. 

I nod. We walk out of the locker room heading to the halls. 

                                                                                 -------------------------- 

I go my separate way after dropping off Martina at her locker. I turn the corner, running into Daniel. 

"Sorry, Daniela, " He said, stretching out his hand. I take it and get up. "It's okay. Why are you in such an rush?" I asked, trying to look into his eyes but he kept looking everywhere but me. "You know, the Cobras, I kind of made them mad, again," He replied, putting an hand behind his neck and finally looking at me. 

I giggle, putting an hand on my mouth. I could hear Daniel chuckling too, but the moment was ruined when we could hear Dutch yelling out for Daniel. We stop laughing and Daniel puts a worried face on, I grab his hand and open the door that was right next to us.