05

3rd person

Danny pushes open the door to the public restroom, opening up to a room full of people of all different ages. "Jesus. I wasn't in there for that long," She whispered. She walks through the crowds of people, repeatedly saying 'sorry' and 'Excuse me'.

She makes it out of the crowd, bumping into someone on her way out. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry-" the person said. "Danny?" Danny looks up and sees Jimmy. 'Great, had to run into one of them.' Jimmy stretches out his hand, waiting for Danny to grab it. Danny looks at him, glaring at him. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," Jimmy smiles. Danny rolls her eyes and stands up on her own. "Or that works too," Jimmy whispers, standing straight up and looking at her. "I'm...I'm sorry about the other day," Jimmy says, placing his palm behind his neck, and looking away. Danny glances at him, nodding a little. "Don't...don't sweat it. You weren't the one holding me down," she said.

"Johnny should be the one apologizing," she said, getting a nod from Jimmy. Danny turns to the tables, looking for Daniel and Maddie. "I got to go. Let's pretend this never happened, k?" Danny looks at Jimmy. Jimmy nods "Yup. Like this never happened," Jimmy whispered, watching her go.

Daniela's pov

I walk away from Jimmy, not caring what his answer is. I notice my table and see an unfamiliar figure across from Daniel. It was a girl, with blond waves, blue jeans, and a pink cardigan. I walk closer, hearing her laugh- 'Wait! That's...Ali.'

I stop in my tracks, seeing Daniel laugh with Ali. Maddie looks uncomfortable, looking around for someone. Maddie spots me and stands up quickly, saying bye to Daniel. Maddie walks over to me, Ali turns in our direction, smirking at me, and then places her hand on top of Daniel's. She motions her head, them both standing up, walking away.

Maddie takes my arm, pulling me away. "What the hell happened!?" I asked, stopping. Maddie let's go. "I don't know, Daniel and I were talking, wondering what was taking you so long. I.. joking you were on your period," she smiles an uncomfortable smile, stopping when I glare at her. "Anyways. Then Ali pops up, saying 'Daniel! Is that you!'" said in a mocking tone. "And here we are...yup she stole your man...again," Maddie scratches her neck, looking disappointed. I shake my head, sighing, while pinching the space between my eyes.

"Well we need to still take him home-" I said. "Nah, we can just leave him," Maddie said. "What!" "Yeah, that's not bad. He can walk home, come," Maddie grabs my hand and drags me out of the building. "Maddie, I don't want him to think I'm a bad person," I look at her from the outside of the driver's side. "He will be fine, is walking going to kill him? Just get in," Maddie opens the door to the passenger side and gets in. I roll my eyes and get in. I start the car and drive away from Golf-in-Stuff.

--------------------

Maddie turns the radio on, flipping stations. She stops on one of her favorite songs. "Finally!" Maddie starts singing the song, "Hang around 'til quarter after twelve. That's when they fall in line." She turns to me. "They got the beat! They got the beat! Kids got the beat, yeah!" "Maddie!" I yell to her. Maddie giggles, leaning into the seat. "Oh come on, cheer up. You will see him tomorrow at school, and you can explain everything to him," she tells me. I roll my eyes, looking back onto the road.

Two minutes pass by

"We should stop for McDonald's," Maddie said, having her hand out the window. "There's food at home," I replied, smirking. "Oh don't be like," Maddie groans. I was chuckling, pulling into McDonald's parking lot.