Events Log 32

<"Goddamnit George!">

<"Remember me!">

==============

If butterflies could have a rave, they'd be having it in Clay's stomach.

Nick, why did you have to tell me about Darryl's movie nights with that one dude...

It was all Nick's idea, of course. He'd never actually met George, but heard enough about him from Clay.

"Why don't you just do a movie night, like Darryl?" he'd said, "Nothing brings a couple together like a scary movie..."

There was only one problem.

Something that Clay would never ever admit.

He got jumpscared. Really easily.

"Nick that's not a good idea," Clay had said.

"Why?" Nick had responded.

"N-nevermind."

Clay sighed, checking his watch.

Almost midnight.

Why the hell did I schedule this so late?

No turning back now, he guessed.

Knock knock.

Clay jumped up from the couch, running to the door that separated his room from his neighbor's.

He opened it, quite forgetting just how far down he had to look to meet George's eyes.

"H-hey," George smiled, already in pajamas. "Was I not supposed to..?"

"Nono--" Clay replied, gesturing at his own sweatpants and tank top. "You're good."

"What movie?" George said, following Clay to the cushy couch he had set up in front of a TV.

"Life", Clay sighed, inwardly cursing himself. "You know, the one based on that incident on the ISS."

"People still think that's fiction, don't they..." George shook his head, plopping down on the couch with a whoomph.

Clay gave a wry chuckle, wheezing slightly. "Yeah, it turned out to be a good one too, unlike those other 'based on a true story' movies. Took some creative license with it."

This is going to be the death of me.

"You got snacks?" George smiled, his eyes lighting up.

"Do I ever, " Clay wheezed, dashing off to get a few bowls. "What are ya feeling? Candy shit, popcorn, chips?"

"Popcorn's a classic," George giggled, making little grabby hands and reaching for the bowl Clay offered him.

After turning off the already dim lights, he snuggled into the corner of the couch, resting the other two bowls not currently in George's possession on the nearby coffee table.

"Well this is spooky," George remarked as the opening credits of Life began to roll. The blond let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding. Perhaps he wasn't the only one that got scared easily.

But then again, what if George just... was unflappable? He'd known people like that before, as soon as they were expecting the scare, it just didn't affect them.

Clay, of course, was not one of these people.

The movie, of course, was set on the International Space Station. Clay had picked a movie that wasn't known for jump scares -- but thirty minutes in he was regretting his decision again.