6: Talk from Two Friends

"...But I know that its only a wish, and that were not standing by the water fountain..."

------------------

How...

When..

Why?

Why did it have to end like this?

The next couple days seemed to be dark and just drag along. Kacchan seemed more aggravated towards me, and Uraraka looked hurt... But they were still dating. Is this about Kacchan denying the promise ring?

Wait... But that still doesn't make sense. Why would he deny the ring if he loves Uraraka?

The questions that have been burning in my head are feeling more like headaches every time I think of one to ask myself.

I just still can't believe I had my opportunity and lost it because the ring was in the wrong dang pocket.

Does it really matter though?

Kacchan does hate me... I mean, would he have rejected me?

Technically that's really not a given choice if you know your soulmate but

"Midoriya, please be quiet. That's the fourth time today you started mumbling during class."

I jumped from my seat and out of my deep trance hearing Aizawa Sensei from the front of the room. His eyes flickered red, signaling he was activating his quirk, but that's quickly changed as he realized.

"S-sorry Aizawa Sensei..." He angrily nodded and continued with the lecture.

The school dragged on, just as it had for the past year or so. The year I thought I was going to change things between me and Kacchan.... That's the other problem. Kacchan hates me, and yet he's my soulmate. How do you tell someone who is determined to beat the crap out of you that you love them, and you two are meant to be together!?!

Finally, Uraraka came over to my desk and snapped me out of my trance.

"Deku! Finally I got your attention! I was going to ask Iida, Tsuyu, Todoroki and Yaomomo if they wanted to get some ice cream with us! You in?" She asked, and I could tell she already had a reaction for only one of my answers.

"Uh yeah sure! Let me just pack up my things..." I started, and was interrupted by Todoroki. "Already done, Midoriya, we're just waiting for you."

"O-oh sorry!" I jolted up from my desk, hitting my knees and holding my breath at the slight pain. Everyone left in the classroom that Uraraka invited started laughing, and I just laughed along too.

We all stopped at the locker room to change into some more casual clothing, and eventually we headed on our way.

"Hey Ochako, its almost winter time. Why did you want to go out for ice cream?" Tsuyu asked, being as blunt as she is. Uraraka blushed and it was way too easy to tell she was embarrassed, realizing maybe it was too cold for ice cream.

"Oh! I know a place where we can get some not-so-cold stuff!" Yaomomo suggested, and we all kind of were unsure. Yaomomo usually chooses places meant for people who have a ton of money, which isn't us.

"Uhm... Depends how much this place cost, Yaomomo..." Uraraka admitted, and we all nodded.

"Hey, I have an idea. There's a soba shop down the street from here, and they have some good soba and ramen too. How about that?" Todoroki suggested, and everyone nodded in agreement. Todoroki usually picked good places.

We arrived in front a small shop with some metal chairs and tables to the side; a little window on the building to order. I tried to put on a smile so I could hide the fact that I was still really upset about... Him....