X. Dream Come True

Risa waited for Leni to exit the comfort rooms before she stood up from her chair to meet her halfway. When she caught up to her, Risa took Leni's wrist — as Leni had done to her countless of times — and she pulled her to the direction of the venue's exit doors.

"Risa?" Leni asked, obviously bewildered, but she followed Risa, anyway.

"Labas tayo."

They both awkwardly smiled and nodded to the security guard they passed by on the way out.

It wasn't long before they reached the parking area reserved for VIPs. There was only a handful of people there, mostly security personnel; everyone else was inside the building enjoying the handa.

Risa stopped, and Leni stepped in beside her.

"Saan naka-park 'yung van mo?"

Leni pointed to the black van sandwiched between two white vans five meters from them. They walked there together, and they arrived to find that Leni's driver was still there, guarding the vehicle.

"Hi, ma'am."

"Hi, Kuya Ron. Kumain ka na?"

Risa was still holding Leni's wrist.

"Hindi pa po."

"Uy, kumain ka na sa loob. Baka maubusan ka do'n," Leni joked. "I-on mo lang 'yung sasakyan." She looked at Risa, as if trying to read her, then looked away. "May... pag-uusapan lang kami ni Senator Risa."

"Sige po, ma'am."

He did as he was told and left the two of them there. Leni slid open the door and climbed into the van, with Risa following right after her. Risa closed the door, and for the first time that day, in the back seat of Leni's van, they were alone.

Leni sat sideways to face Risa then, eyes searching her face. "Ano?" she asked softly. "May problema ba?" When Risa didn't answer, she added in a concerned tone, "Makati pa ba lalamunan mo?"

Risa laughed. Leni was still worried about that? She shook her head. "Hindi."

Leni leaned back. "Good."

Risa finally let go of Leni's wrist. "Nagsinungaling ka sa'kin kanina."

"Ano sabi ko?"

"Sabi mo nakatulog ka."

She watched as Leni took in a deep breath and looked down, avoiding Risa's eyes.

"Hindi ako nagsinungaling. Nakatulog naman talaga ako."

"Mga ilang oras?"

"Um... Dalawa?" Leni ended in a question, like she wasn't even sure.

"Leni!"

With her head still ducked slightly, Leni met Risa's eyes, this time wearing a guilty expression. "Sorry na."

"Alagaan mo sarili mo," Risa admonished gently. "Nag-iisa ka lang."

Leni heaved a sigh, her exhaustion apparent in that one release of breath. "Ewan ko ba bakit, pero 'di rin kasi talaga ako makatulog kagabi."

Risa leaned her shoulder against the backrest and smiled. "Hinahanap mo siguro massage ko, 'no?"

She laughed when Leni actually rolled her eyes at her.

Risa observed Leni for a while, just letting a couple of silent seconds pass, before fixing her position and sitting properly on the back seat. She brought Leni here to do one thing. She scooted away from Leni, making sure that there would be enough space for what she wanted them to do.