Chapter IV - The boiling river of blood where dead men yell

Ruke had been working at some walls in the cracks with Jike for a couple hours after lunch. Still, the only thought he had was where was Yashik? Yashik wasn't at the cafeteria and when he walked past the adult section, he wasn't there either. Perhaps he was sick? These thoughts were however drowned out pretty quickly from the fact that Ruke hadn't eaten lunch. Ruke stomach felt like it would collapse in on itself before they were done working. This fact led to Ruke needing to sit down and rest when the guards weren't paying any attention to him.

"Not to sound rude or anything but" started Jike while continuing to work. "You really should've eaten that porridge."

"I know that," replied Ruke with an exhausted voice while sitting on the ground."I realized that fact around an hour ago."

"GET BACK INTO YOUR ROOMS!" yelled one of the guards. Ruke realized that it was probably the same guard as the one in the cafeteria.

Jike reached out one of his hands and helped Ruke back to his feet. Jike climbed out of the cracks first and then helped Ruke out as well. They went back to their separate rooms and tried to sleep. They would only get one meal a day so it wasn't really that smart that Ruke didn't eat anything.

Ruke tried to fall asleep but his thoughts about Yashik were keeping him awake. It was silent. The air was filled with snoors from his roommates all around him until he heard something. It sounded like...thuds? Multiple quick ones.

Ruke then realized that they were footsteps from someone quickly running. The footsteps were getting louder and louder until he realized that the person running was in the same hallway that was connected to his room.

Ruke quickly sat up and stared at the doorway to the hall. Ruke waited in anticipation for what would happen. The person ran until he got to Ruke's room. He stopped at the doorway and stared at Ruke. The man was panting and panting from running and Ruke realized who the man was.

"Yashik?" questioned Ruke to the panting man.

"We need to go," replied Yashik sternly to Ruke. He quickly reached out his hand and grabbed Ruke and started to run out into the hallways. Ruke was barely able to keep up when he noticed that Yashik was bleeding. It was dark but the moonlight illuminated the darkened hallways. There were even blood droplets from where Yashik came from

"Yashik!" yelled Ruke while they continued to run."What happened to your back?!"

Yashik didn't reply, he only continued to run. Although Ruke did hear something underneath Yashik's breath.

"This place isn't good for you, this place isn't good for you, this place isn't good for you,".

Ruke didn't understand what he was saying or why but he decided to just follow Yashik.

They ran and ran until they got outside where some of the guards were patrolling. The lighthouse illuminated them even more now. They all noticed Yashik and Ruke but Yashik didn't even stop for a moment. Not even after they pointed their spears towards Yashik. Ruke had a better look at Yashik and noticed that it almost seemed like Yashik was growing but even more interesting, his wounds started to move.

They were now under his armpits and they started to form circles. The bleeding had also stopped. The guards started to charge at him but before they were able to stab him, he quickly swung his arm with so much force that the guards were sent flying into the metal fence.

As Yashik grew bigger and bigger, Ruke grew more and more concerned for him. Yashik was probably 3 meters tall now.

They continued to run to the fence and guards still tried to attack Yashik but they were all sent flying until Yashik came to the metal fence. Yashik had now grown almost as tall as the metal fence.

The wounds under Yashik's armpits had now started to pour out blood, it was almost like the wounds were spitting it out. Yashik quickly lifted up Ruke, realizing that Yashik's arms had now grown out so far that his arms reached his knees but that didn't matter to him. He lifted Ruke up over the fence but before he could get over the fence, multiple guards stabbed Yashik in the back, dropping Ruke but still getting him over.

Yashik quickly swung his arm around and sent all the guards flying, so hard that some of them spilled some of their blood.

Ruke fell down the cliffs and hit himself on them. He fell for a couple seconds until he hit his back on the sand on the bottom. He looked up at the facility and heard Yashik yelling and shouting but the noises were soon drowned out by the guard's screams of terror.

What was happening? Did Yashik overcome them? Was he safe now?

Ruke didn't know what to think. Should he climb back up and try to help Yashik? What could he really do? What happened to Yashik? What will happen after this?

Ruke just stared up but then he noticed something. On top of the mesa mountain that was above the facility, stood a tall figure. It was too high up for Ruke to discern any features of the thing. The black figure then started to glow and shine in a purple color, as the light disappeared and he was gone.

Ruke tried to stand up but he was too tired, so tired in fact that everything started to get dark.

He realized that he had started losing blood but he couldn't feel it. Everything started to get darker. so dark, that Ruke lost consciousness. He fell as the screams from the facility continued but started to get quieter and quieter.

 He fell as the screams from the facility continued but started to get quieter and quieter