The Journal Pt 1

ALSO IM SORRY IF THIS ISNT COMPLETELY ACCURATE. the journal entries are in a different font.

Entry 1
April 2nd 1986:

My name is Will Byers. I guess I got this journal because I can't really tell anyone what I'm feeling, not even my own family. I'm gay, and in love with my best friend who's completely straight as a ruler. His name is Mike Wheeler. I've known him for 10 years now. He's the most amazing boy i've ever met. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him. It did take me awhile to realize it, though. He's just so perfect. Yeah, he can be an asshole sometimes and say all the wrong things but he's still my best friend and the boy I love.

(2 days later)

The whole party was hanging out as Mike's house today. I was slightly nervous because lately, I haven't really been able to hide my feelings for Mike that well. I would be all flustered and a blushing mess when I was around him the past couple weeks. I was worried someone would begin to pick up on it.

Everyone was doing different things. Mike and El kept whispering things to each other which I honestly hated. I was happy that El was happy because she is like my sister but it still hurt to know that the boy I was in love with, was in love with someone else.

Lucas and Max were talking and laughing about stuff, mostly laughing, and Dustin was trying to join in on their conversation but he eventually gave up and came over to where I was sitting alone.

"Hey, Will, What's up with you? You're more quiet than usual." Dustin asked. It's true, usually I was quiet but I sometimes said a few things, but right now I was completely quiet.

"I don't know." That's all I said. I couldn't risk telling him I liked Mike or that I was gay. You really have to be careful who you tell because people in this time aren't really all that excepting of gay people. Some people get beat up and tortured for it. I really don't want that to happen to me.

"Will, I need to ask you something. Can we talk outside?" Dustin asked me. I didn't know what to say. What if he figured it out? What if he was going to beat me up?

"Uh- sure." I hesitantly said. Dustin nodded then told the others that we would be back in a few minutes. They all just nodded and didn't think anything of it. Dustin pulled me up the stairs but I swear, as I looked back, Mike looked worried.

Dustin and I made it outside and we sat down on the steps.

"So there's something I've kinda been noticing lately, about you." Dustin said. Shit. He probably noticed how I acted around Mike and was going to beat it out of me.

"W- what do you mean?" I asked nervously trying to make it seem like I had no idea what he was talking about.

"The way.. you've been acting around Mike." Dustin said now looking at me.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about." I said nervously. Shit shit shit.

"Will, I'm your friend and I want you to know that you can tell me anything. And no matter what you say I promise it won't change anything." Dustin said. I can't believe I was actually going to tell him but I guess I would've had to tell someone eventually. I took a deep breath.

"O- okay. I- I'm gay and I think- I think I like Mike. A lot." I said relieved to finally get it off my chest. I looked at Dustin's face to try and see a reaction. Instead, he hugged me. It kinda shocked me a bit but I hugged back.

"Will, you are still the same person you always were okay? Being gay doesn't change anything at all. I know that a lot of people are dumb and think that it's some kind of sickness but they're just jealous because you actually have the guts to be yourself, and I will always support you." Dustin said pulling away from the hug.

"T- thank you Dustin. You have no idea how much this means to me." I said with tears in my eyes.

"No problem. Well, we should probably get back inside before anyone questions anything." He said. I nodded and followed him back inside.

When we got back inside I noticed Mike in the kitchen upstairs, probably looking for something to eat. Dustin and I went back to the basement where everyone was preparing to watch Ghostbusters. Mike came down a few minutes later and joined us.

Mikes Pov (a few minutes earlier):

Holy. Fucking. Shit. WILL WAS GAY??? AND HE LIKED ME??!?

Okay, I know this sounds wrong but I was kinda worried when Will and Dustin went to talk sooo... I kinda eavesdropped on the conversation. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Will was gay. That means I actually had a chance. You see, El and I broke up a few weeks ago but haven't told anyone in the party and still act like a couple around them. I told her that I'm gay and I like Will and she said that she thinks she might like Max. Sooo for the past few weeks we've both been meeting up in private and coming up with plans to try and help me get Will or help her get Max but, each of them didn't seem like they would work.

But now that I knew that Will was gay AND that he likes me, this would be a WHOLE lot easier. The only problem is...

I have NO idea how to ask him out.