The Painting

1 month after s4:

Mike's Pov:

Yeah everything basically went complete shit last month but at least Will and El are both moving back to Hawkins now and are going to live with Hopper since Hopper and Joyce are dating now.

Anyways, I was in my room with El and I saw something rolled up and I remembered, it was the painting that El had asked Will to paint. El and I still hadn't talked that much or seen each other after a whole month so I never got to thank her. I guess now would be a good time. I went and picked up the painting then went back to sit on my bed where El was still sitting.

"Hey El?" I said.

"Yes?" She said back.

"I wanted to thank you for asking Will to make this painting will all of us. It was really thoughtful." I said smiling. She looked at me confused then grabbed the painting from my hands and looked at it. She seemed to look closer, at the heart on my shield. Then, her eyes widened.

"Mike..." She said carefully.

"Yeah?" I said back a little confused.

"I didn't ask Will to paint this." She said. Wait what? How was that possible?

"What!?" I asked. Why would Will lie to me?

"Mike, I know that.. that it was for someone that Will... liked. I could just tell, and he had been asking really weird, too. Now I know why." El said. What does she mean? The painting is for someone he li- oh . It's me.

He likes me.

"Mike.. do you like him?" El asked. Did I like him? No. I couldn't. I mean, he has the most amazing hazel eyes, he has such a cute face and such amazing lips and- oh shit. I DO like him.

"I-.. I think I do.. El... I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's fine. You can't help who you like. I want you to be truly happy whether it's with me or someone else. I know you'll be truly happy with Will so go tell him how you feel." El said.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you." I said worried.

"I- I'll be fine.." El said. I got up and she followed me too, so she could go back to the cabin since this was my house. But I was heading a different way.

I was heading to Will's house.

Will's Pov:

Today was literally the most boring day EVER. It was the weekend and my mom, Jonathan and Hopper all were working. They both decided to help Hopper at the station since Hopper got his job back. I, however was so bored I might even consider doing HOMEWORK. That is, until I heard a knock on the door. I got up the see who it was and to my surprise, Mike Wheeler was standing there, right outside my door.

"Mike? W- What do you need?" I asked him nervously.

"You." Was all he said before he leaned in and kissed me. I was really shocked at first but after a few seconds I started to kiss back.

This was all I've ever dreamed it would be.