Chapter 6

Every sunrise brings a new day, new dawn, and a new beginning. It's the same for new relationships because it's a fresh start--- a new page in the storybook of life. The best kind of relationship is those that sneak up unexpectedly. It's when an astonishing feeling takes over, and everything clicks. It falls into place and happens suddenly, without warning. Love comes at just the right time when it's ready and needed the most. It's the time and the thing a person never thought they would have.

And like any relationship, even those unexpected ones, it's launched on the foundations constructed together. Good foundations take precedence over the length of time people have known each other. It's also more than dates, holding hands, and kissing. Those things are part of the stages of the relationship's decorative exhibition.

Instead, it's about being yourself and finding happiness together. What it all comes down to is having the ability to see an imperfect person perfectly. Anyone could catch your eye, but it takes a remarkable person to capture your heart. That's what's happened to Hermione and Marcus.

They're two people willing to look past the things different people see as flaws and find something extraordinary in each other. For Marcus Flint, she's his new favorite feeling. The day after Hogsmeade, he told her, "I like how you make me feel, even when you're nowhere near."

The similar is true for Hermione too. Most of her best smiles begin with thoughts of him. He's brought happiness into her heart. The two were floating on cloud nine. It's a beautiful thing to have the person you like, like you back. Their new relationship had tiny buds that were slowly beginning to blossom.

The new couple has kept their relationship relatively quiet. So far, only Ginny, Adrian, and Graham know about it. The unusual thing about the boys from Slytherin is the fact that outside of Marcus's two best friends, none of them recognized Hermione at Hogsmeade. They all thought she was one of the girls that came from Beauxbatons. In fact, Bole was the one who said, "Marcus, who was that chick you were with in Hogsmeade? None of us remember seeing her before."

Then Higgs commented, "I think it was one of those Beauxbaton witches. She looked dishy, though, especially from behind." Malfoy agreed completely.

When Marcus told Hermione about his friend's responses, she got a kick out of them and attributed it to her dressed-up style and a bunch of Hot Hair. Days before the first tournament task, Marcus took Hermione to see the dragons. Her Slytherin explained, "In the dark ages, magic was used as a weapon because dragons were everywhere in the land. People had to defend themselves because the creatures were proud, fierce, and free. But the most fearless of men did not kill the winged beasts. Instead, they rode them."

That made Hermione think of Charlie Weasley. The second oldest Weasley brother loves dragons. He's an excellent example of being the kind of fearless man Marcus spoke of. As the two came near the dragon enclosure, sure enough, Charlie was there talking to Hagrid. The older men were deep in conversation and didn't see the two Gryffindor and Slytherin students.

The couple stayed close to the fencing. Having never seen a dragon up close before, the curly-haired witch's stomach knotted up at the thoughts of what the creatures might do. The beasts were noisy, and their magnificence was splendid and terrible. Holding hands, Hermione thought out loud, "So the first task has to do with dragons."

They both stood staring into the large enclosure that had magically been set up to resemble a dragon pit. "Yes. It looks to be that way," Marcus responded. As much as he loves magical creatures, he's thankful it's not himself as one of the chosen champions. Dragons are too unpredictable for his taste.

Hermione asked her Slytherin, pointing at two dragons on the rocks, "What kinds are they?"

Getting a good look at them, the muscular athlete thought about the many different types of dragons. In Care of Magical Creatures, Hagrid taught them about the scaley beasts in a lesson series. Then he noted, "The smaller one on the right is a Chinese Fireball. They can grow to be twenty-five feet in length. You can tell it's a fireball because of the smooth scales and the golden fringy spikes around its snub-snouted face."