A moment of calm Part 8

The Group had waited anxiously for a few weeks, and with Kami's help and powers, Goku recovered faster than he would have done at the hospital. It had taken longer because even if Kami could have healed him in a few days if he used all of his power, the earth still needed a protector and he didn't want them to be caught by surprise if another threat was to show itself. In that time the others had been waiting patiently ... well some of them, Trunks was waiting for his training to begin and Piccolo had told Gohan he would pick him up when he felt like it was time to start his training.

Kami had been debating what the others had told him the days before and what he had felt. In terms of power, he knew just what the Saiyans were capable of with his time in space, which to this day he never told the others about, and although the one that had come to earth was not as powerful as the ones from his memories that he had sensed many years ago before he thought them gone, he wasn't what he used to be before, and they had grown in power. So he knew that this was not going to be his fight.

It would have been easier to take Goku where he needed him to go if he died because he could no longer train him to the capacity he needed to be to reach his full potential ... he was beyond that. The gate was still functioning, he would have to call in a favour, but it would be worth it. He debated killing Goku while healing him in order to get him in line on the other side quicker but quickly brushed off the thought. He wasn't his old self, he would not deal in absolutes, even with the younger Piccolo who always seemed to be watching him all the time. They hadn't seen each other since the tournament, even as he kept an eye on him, because even if Goku said he deserved to be free, he wouldn't be so trusting of a part of himself ... never again.

He had slowly started to train Trunks ... training would be a stretch, but he wanted to test the boy's will, so he had him running around completing tasks around the lookout. His mother had protested for a moment, but after he had given his reasons and brought up the emotional toll he could sense the first battle had taken on the boy, she had relented. It was somewhat reassuring watching the boy running around the lookout in the last few weeks dawning a white Gi with a purple belt, it was similar to his father's but not dawning the turtle school insignia but instead Kami's own, he had a thought that Goku and his other sensei would have a problem with that, which brought a laugh to him, especially since his mother had said she would rather have him here than with that pervert, her words.

Gohan had wanted to join in, but at the menacing glare from Piccolo, he had thought against it, he had a feeling that Mr. Piccolo did not want him training with the old man. He wasn't too bothered about it as he saw that Trunks was mostly doing chores all the time around the lookout, like removing weeds from the Lookout Garden, cleaning around and reading books, he was glad that he had dodged that till his mom had seen what Trunks was having to do, Gohan was expecting her to shout at the old man for making Trunks do so much work but quickly found himself being shouted at for not doing anything and then thrown into the ring to do Chores too, no matter how much Mr. Piccolo glared at him, his mom was still scarier.

Goku woke up not too long after and was not surprised to see Kami waiting for him by the door, he was already dressed and clean, but what surprised him was the serious look that was on the man's face. He quickly jumped to attention standing before him and he gave him a nod, "I was beginning to think I would have to hit you awake, you slept so soundly." Goku rubbed the back of his head nervously, "Sorry for that ... but is everyone okay?" he asked. He had known that everyone was fine after the fight, the only casualty being ... his supposed brother ... he tried not to think about that too much.

"They're fine, but you need to bid farewell to them" 

"bid them farewell? what do you mean Kami?" Goku asked confusedly any remnant of sleep leaving him.