Pupil of the Demon | Pupil of the Angel

Gohan and Trunks had headed home after their dad had gone off to train, they had asked their moms if they could go with him ... well Trunks had asked and Gohan had just been standing next to him. But both of their parents and Kami had said no, something about the place he was going to, being a place they shouldn't see for a long time. It bothered Trunks a lot but Kami immediately put him back to work with Gohan sweeping the lookout. They were both waiting anxiously to start training, Gohan had told Trunks that Mr. Piccolo had offered to train him, but hadn't gone into much detail. 

A few days later, Chi-Chi had decided that Gohan and Trunks should be returning to school, they had already missed a lot of it. Even as Bulma protested that she could probably teach him better than any other school on this planet, Chi-Chi had been adamant that they have some social interaction other than the people on the lookout only. They had stayed there partly because without Goku around, the fear of them going down and not being able to defend themselves was too great so they stayed.

But Chi-Chi was then constantly nagging the kids to study, rather annoyingly dragging Bulma from her work on the Saiyan pod. She understood that they did need to study but at their age, their focus could have been on simply being kids ... something Chi-Chi was not too focused on, she complained about Goku wanting to train them too much but never about them Studying too much either. During her adventures with Goku, she had learned that brains or brawn could only get you so far, which is why she and Goku had balanced each other out perfectly. She understood you needed both.

It was a few days later in one of her lessons with Chi-Chi sitting in the back of the room watching the boys as she explained some maths on the board that Piccolo and Kami suddenly walked into the room. Bulma went silent as she stared at the serious expressions on their faces, but Chi-Chi was just irked that they thought it okay to just come and barge into Trunks and Gohan's classes. Trunks and Gohan were also surprised and looked up as Mr. Piccolo walked up to them before grabbing both of them by the back of their shirts and heading for the door. 

Chi-Chi was already fuming as she let out a barrage of complaints to the namekian, but he just seemed to ignore them as he headed for the door. Bulma finally shook herself out of the surprise and rushed in front of the door with her arms spread out blocking his path, "PICCOLO WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA." A small part of her was worried that Goku had been wrong about him and he was going to take the chance he was not around to do something ... but she trusted his judgement ... well sometimes ... not all the time ...  he had his moments ... oh Kami she hoped this wasn't one of the wrong ones.

"I'm doing the favour that Goku asked me, now get out of my way," "A favour Goku asked?" Bulma asked confusedly. "Yes, he asked me to look after his little brats while he was away ... so it's time to start their training." Chi-Chi and Bulma were both confused, "what sort of training is this?" Chi-Chi asked, she already wanted Gohan and Trunks to get back to their lessons. The boys themselves were just watching the exchange between the adults quitely, not wanting to get into trouble with anyone as they shared a mometarily look of panic between the two of them.

"None of your concern, now if you'll get out of my way." There was a finality to his statement as Bulma felt a presence behind her and she suddenly remembered that Kami had come with him. She looked to him for any sort of answer and the man stood stoic as ever before giving her a firm nod, which caused her to deflate ... so she had to do this. She knew if she and Chi-Chi said no they wouldn't force the decision but she also knew that when Kami usually asked them to do something there was always a reason. He was after all Goku's sensei and if he said they should let Piccolo do it ... then they should.

She turned back to the shouting match that Chi-Chi was having alone with Piccolo who only seemed to be getting more annoyed, "you can go with them." Chi-Chi abruptly stopped turning to her, "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND TOO, WHO KNOWS WHAT TYPE OF HELLISH TRAINING HE WOULD PUT THE KIDS THROUGH, PLUS HAVE YOU FORGOT ... THEY NEED TO STUDY." Bulma just let out a sigh as she stepped to the side while Chi-Chi followed her telling her how much of a bad idea this was, but while Chi-Chi was distracted she signalled for the others to leave.