Andi

"Earth to Andi." My best friend Tilly waved a hand in front of my eyes to break me out of my trance.

"Hmm? What's up?" I reply, slightly dazed and confused.

"I was talking to you about that guy I met at the pub the other day. Oh my god, you will never believe what he did!" She shouts, grabbing my hands and shaking them in front of me.

I roll my eyes before giving in. "What did he do, Tilly?" I ask her, putting my head on my hand, feigning infatuation and enthusiasm.

"Well, after we had a few drinks together, he invited me back over to his place. You should have seen his flat, it was gorgeous. But anyway, I woke up and he was lying there asleep. I leaned over to kiss his cheek and I found a note on his bedside table. I took a picture of it, you need to read it." She pulls out her phone and opens her gallery, finding the picture before handing her phone over to me.

I smile at the phone while reading it

I smile at the phone while reading it. Once I'm done, I hand the phone back to her. "Awww, you found a good one there, Tilly. I'm really happy for you."

"I know right? He's gorgeous too. So I stayed over for breakfast with him, he made us French toast with fruit and fresh orange juice. It was so romantic, I think if he doesn't then I'm going to ask him out. Oh, also, I mentioned you and he wants to meet you. He asked if you wanted to come to dinner with us. He said he would bring his sister, so if you want to come, I can pay for your meal."

"That sounds great, when and where?"

"7 pm, tomorrow, at Toby Carvery. That's what Mark said anyway." She smiles at me and starts bouncing up and down while quietly screaming with excitement. I laugh at her antics before turning back to my food. I grab a chip and bite half off, forgetting I have a toothache. I grasp my cheek and squeeze my eyes shut.

"That tooth still hurting you?" I nod my head. "You not gone to see a dentist yet?" I shake my head. She puts her head in her hands and groans at me. "Girl, why? You know it's only going to get worse if you don't go and get it sorted out. You've just gotta do it. Are you scared?" I sigh gently and nod my head again, a tear coming to my eye. "Ugh, what are we going to do with you?"

~~~Time Skip~~~

As soon as I get home from work, I throw myself onto the couch and let out a good, long sigh. I glance up at the wall clock and read the time. 6:12 pm. Jeez, it's been a very long day. People talk about 9 to 5, but how about 8 to 6, huh? I reach up to brush some of the flour off my nose and cheeks and wipe my hands on my apron that I must have forgotten to take off before I left. I own a bakery about 10 minutes from my house called 'The Bake Shop'. It gets quite a lot of traffic and has designated me the birthday cake maker of my family.

I reach behind my back and pull at the bow that is keeping my apron tied around my waist. Once it's undone, I throw it to one side and pull my phone out of my pocket when I hear my ringtone going off.