Special Chapter. Gulf Kanawut

Mew was reading a file at his home office. It was almost mid night. He was wearing a blue pajamas with silk gown and his work glasses.

The guards outside the office were scattered in the vaste expenses of the gardens, despite the heavy rain pouring.

He was sipping his favorite whisky when the alarms in his office changed into red. He quickly held his gun in his hand and looked outside to see what the commotion was about.

"Sir. A trespassing". One of his right men came inside his office to inform him. Mew nodded and followed him outside.

The guards were surrounding a boy, trembling with fear. He was kneeling on the grass, clasping both his hands to let him go but two of the men had pinned him around his shoulders.

"Sir, let me go please. I beg of you. I didnt do anything. I am not sent by anyone. Please let me go". He was crying hard.

"Look at me kid". Mew tried to talk in his unusual calm voice but it was every more scary for the kid. He was shaking like a falling leaf.

"Please sir. Let me go please". He grabbed Mew's feet asking for mercy.

"Leave him. Stand up kid". He ordered his men who obeyed, letting the boy stand.

"Come". He stretched his hand for Gulf to hold to take him inside that Gulf held hesitating a bit. He was anyway more scared of those men with even more scary masks and weapons.

"Parisha. Get him something warm to eat". He ordered the staff and brought him to his office. It was bit warm compared to the chilly weather outside.

"Peter. Go and bring a towel". He ordered another man who was back in a flash with a big towel. Mew held the towel and proceeded to dry his hair and wrapped him in the towel.

"Come with me". He took Gulf upstairs to his master bedroom. He took a while to shuffle through his closet and then took a pair of warm hoodies and trousers and fresh boxers.

He placed the clothes on the bed and walked inside the bathroom to run warm water.

"Take bath and come downstairs". He ruffled his still damp here and went downstairs.

"Master. We cannot trust him. What if he belongs to the Foxes". His right hand voiced out his concern.

Mew smirked at him. Not because he doubted his man for the prediction, because they had faced such incidents in the past. He walked past him and stood by the big glass windows.

His mind was in a chaos. Flashes of two boys filled his mind. He tighty shut his eyes closed. He didnt want to think about them, for now. He knew the decision he made would have disturbed them and would have left them in a state of floating around, but he knew he would handle it once the time come.

He was still in deep thoughts when he heard a faint cough behind him.

"You are back. Feeling better"? He turned to  the boy standing, infact fidgeting on his place. "Whats your name"? He asked in a polite tone. The boy was reminding him of a certain pale boy, same nervousness and fear.

"Gu..Gulf Kanawut". He replied stuttering a bit.

"What a pretty name for a pretty boy. Lets go dinner is served. Then we will talk hmm". Mew pointed him to follow to the table. He himself made a plate for Gulf and served with hot tea.

"This is too much". Gulf said in a shock to see the food.

"Not at all. Eat up. Once we get your tummy filled, then we will decide if it was too much or not". Mew patted his head to start.