Chapter 4: Magic Is Real

"Did I just.. Freeze water?" Nancy says looking down at her hands

"I'm not sure," Zoe says confused

"You had to! It just..Froze in a second and fell," Hazel says

"That's impossible," Nancy says picking up the ice

"Wait. Let me try. It could be with the mermaid thing," Zoe says.

"Mermaids aren't real," Nancy says.

"Well, what else could we be?" Zoe says.

"I would have to agree with Zoe," Hazel notes.

"Well let me see if I can freeze water," Zoe states while going to the kitchen and pouring a cup of water.

"Ok, 3. 2. 1."

Zoe puts her hand at the water which it doesn't work until she closes her hand and the water starts bubbling.

"Woah! I can make water heat up!" Zoe says excitedly.

"Wait. Let me try!" Hazel says going to the kitchen walking up to the water

"Guys. This isn't good. What if someone finds out," Nancy says annoyed.

"I'm gonna try anyways," Hazel says while putting her hand on the water.

"Hm. Nothings happening. Maybe if I close my hand?" Hazel wonders while closing her hand slowly.

"That won't work. What else should I do?"

"Maybe only me and Nancy have an ability," Zoe says.

"It's like we have powers. Like we all have different powers. This has to be linked to the mako island and mermaid situation," Nancy states.

"Finally you admit that we are mermaids," Zoe says.

"As you said, there's nothing else we could be," Nancy says agreeing

"I would agree with you. But what If I don't have power," Hazel says upset.

"Here try to have your hand like out. Like your about to give a high five," Nancy says crossing her fingers.

Hazel brings her hand out and sees it won't work until she starts to pull her hand up to itch her hair when water starts to come up.

"Look! Guys look! I can control water," Hazel says while making the water a sphere.

"Woah! This is so cool!"

"I think you have the best power. You can control water!" Nancy says.

"Eh. I like mine still, But we have to figure out more about this mermaid thing," Zoe says while thinking about what to do.

"The only way to figure out more is... To go back in the water," Nancy says.

"Why not!" Zoe says grabbing her bag.

"How about the beach? An empty part of the course."

"Sure! Let's go Hazel," Nancy says grabbing hazels hand.

"Are you sure it's safe," Hazel says pulling away.

"Yes, hazel! It's fine," Nancy says tugging tighter.

Hazel, Nancy, and Zoe change and go to the beach, Hazel still hesitant.

"Guys. I don't wanna do this," Hazel shouts.