Chapter 8: Sasha Doppelgängers

This is a crossover with my friend, KittyDonutYum's, story, Scars. So if you haven't read that story, this chapter might not make very much since XD and there will be big spoilers for that story too.

"Do you think the music box can take you to other dimensions or universes other than Amphibia?" Sasha had asked casually on her and Anne's way to school.

So... that's what they tried.

They messed around with the music box for a bit and eventually found themselves... in the exact same place they had been in before.

They had gotten teleported somewhere... They had activated the portal and gone into it and everything... but they were in the same place as before... Anne's bedroom... the only seemingly difference being the light was off.

"...Did it work...?" Sasha asked hesitantly.

Anne's response was just a coughing fit.

"Careful, don't die on me," Sasha joked.

Anne glared at her, "I'm fine... It's just... really dusty in here... Come to think of it, it looks like no one has been in this room for a while..."

Anne and Sasha looked around and noticed other little odd things besides the dust. Everything was neat in the room, and just in general nothing seemed to have been touched or used in a while.

"Huh," Sasha finally said, "Well then, I guess it worked! Come on, let's check out what's outside of your room!"

She grabbed Anne's wrist and started dragging her out of the room.

Anne sighed, "Why did I let you convince me to do this!?"

Sasha opened the door with a squeak and the two walked out of the room.

Everything seemed completely normal out there too... even more normal than Anne's room had been.

"Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy!?" Sasha called as they continued to explore around the house.

"Sasha!?" Mr. Boonchuy's voice suddenly called back, "I didn't know you were here! Is Marcy with you?"

Anne and Sasha gave each other a confused look.

"...I guess we'll go down to see him...?" Anne asked.

Sasha shrugged.

The two started heading towards where they had heard Mr. Boonchuy's voice.

They found him watching something in the living room.

When he saw them, he turned pale.

A quiet, "...Anne...?" was all he was able to muster.

Anne and Sasha gave each other another confused and concerned look.

"Uh... yeah...? ...Dad...?" Anne asked cautiously.

Mr. Boonchuy was silent for a minute before he turned off the tv and started walking away, "...I'm dreaming... That's the only logical explanation..."

"Dad! Wait!" Anne reached her hand out.

Sasha suddenly stopped her, "Come on, let's try checking out my house..."

Anne slowly nodded and the two girls walked to the blonde's house.

"...Should we knock... or should we just walk in...?" Anne asked once the two were on Sasha's doorstep.

"I mean, it is my house," Sasha responded.

She waited a moment before trying to open the door, only to realize it was locked.

She chuckled, "Oh yeah, of course," she then looked at Anne, "Ok, Anne, I'm going to go get the spare key. Close your eyes."