Chapter 2- Sewing kit.

Shit shit shit where is it. I can't find my top anywhere. I guess I'll have to wear this one.

*My outfit*It's a little to low on the boob area but it'll have to do

*My outfit*
It's a little to low on the boob area but it'll have to do. I quickly slip on my all black converse. I grab my phone and car keys and head out the door. The reason why I'm rushing is because Mary called saying she needed help with her dress for tonight. Also Jackson needed altering on his trousers so I have to do that to. I had to come home earlier because I'd been working all day, and tonight is big so I had to come home to shower and change. I pull into the staff parking. I rush out of the car. I go through the back door with my key. I rush backstage.
"Ok I'm here." I shout breathless.
"Took you long enough. I thought you were Speedy." She say.
"Shut the fuck up. I'm here what do you need me for?" I say clutching my stomach from the stitch.
"Can you sew my strap back on please." She say.
"Yep. Where's the sewing kit?" I say.
"Over in the draw by Jackson." She smile. I nod my head and make my way over. I open the draw and start looking. I brush a few pieces of my long hair behind my ear.
"What you looking for?" He ask.
"The sewing kit." I say a little frustrated.
"Here." He say passing it over to me.
"Thanks." I say grabbing it off him. I rush back over to Mary and start sewing her strap back on.
"There all done." I say.
"Thanks Speedy." She smile.
"No problem." I say.
"Now you gotta do Jackson." She say walking over to him. I follow her.
"So he just needs a little hem on the bottom." She say going to finish off her make up.
"Ok how much." I ask him.
"Like about this much." He say with his fingers showing how much he wanted. I nod my head. I get down on my knees and start hemming the first leg. My hair gets in the way a lot. I'm frustrated my bit.
"You want me to hold your hair back?" I hear him ask with a light chuckle.
"No I'll be ok, thanks tho." I sigh. I finish the first one. I start on the second one. My hair won't give in. I feel a hand grabbing my hair. I speed up on finishing his trousers.
"There all done." I say standing back up straight.
"Thanks." He say.
"No problem." I smile. I turn around and put the sewing kit back where it was. I turn around and see Mary looking at me.
"Oh come on I don't have time for your shit I have to go set up for tonight." I say walking past her.
"Okay then." She say.
"Good luck all of you?!" I shout. I hear mumbles of 'thank you's'. I smile to myself. I grab my pen and paper and stuff it into my back pockets. I grab my white cloth and put it over my shoulder.
"There's my angel." I hear my dad say.
"Hey dad." I smile. I hug him.
"I did try and get someone to come in so you could enjoy tonight." He apologise.
"Don't worry I'll be okay." I say. I pull away from the hug.
"Your so selfless sometimes." He lightly chuckle. I smile up at him.
"Ok I have to go start putting the menus out on the tables and make sure all the card dealers are here. I'll see you later." I say.
"Ok be careful." He say.
"I'm always careful." I smile. I see him shake his head and laugh a little before I turn around. I put the menus in the tables in front of the stage. I go over to the gambling side of the casino and I make sure all the card dealers are here. All here. I'm on clean up duty tonight. I turn around to grab my tray and I hear someone coming up behind me.
"Hey Brooklyn." I hear uncle Ben say. I turn around to see him.
"Hey uncle Ben." I say.
"Could make sure the dance team are ready before the show I have to meet with people so I can't. Would you please?" He ask.
"Ye no problem. Anything else?" I say.
"Nope just the doors opening that's it." He smile.
"Ok well enjoy tonight." I smile.
"You to." He say before turning away. I go back to sorting out the glasses.
"Alright everyone doors are opening?!" I hear uncle Ben shout. A couple of minutes later people started filling in. I don't really have to go around picking up glasses because the doors have just opened. I doubt there'd be empty glasses lying around the place. But I decide on walking around to calm myself a little. I hate big crowds but I woman up and I deal with it.
"Um excuse me do you know where one can powder a nose?" I hear a posh woman say. I turn around and smile at her.
"Why yes I do. They're just over there and down the corridor and too your left." I say motion to her.
"Thank you, young girl." She say letting go of my hand.
"Please call me Brooke." I smile. I see her nod and smile as she walks away. Not all rich women are bitches but there are some who get under your skin. And boss men or rich men don't get me started. Their either a dominant bastard who wants a fuck toy or the ones who flashes off their wealth. As more and more people start coming in I start picking up empty glasses and helping people with their food orders. I look over at uncle Ben and I see him give me a signal to get the dance crew ready. I put the empty glasses in the kitchen and put them in the washer and I make my way back stage.
"Mary?!" I call.
"Yes?!" I hear a call back.
"You got 5 minutes before the show starts." I call back.
"Alright everyone places?!" I hear Jackson shout out. I smile to myself. I walk back out and start taking other peoples food orders.