Part 1 <3

I woke up to the smell of bacon frying from downstairs

I woke up to the smell of bacon frying from downstairs. I already knew Yaz was in a good mood considering the fact she was cooking. She never cooks. Ever.

I roll over and cuddle into my teddy Mr Moo, I have had him since what feels like forever. My mum gave him to me when I was two years old. I never since that day slept without him. I would have a breakdown if he wasn't next to me. I decide to arise from my bed to go see what Yaz is happy about but as soon I opened my door I am greeted to her sliding down to hallway in her pink plaid pyjamas. I giggle at her and tiptoe into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Yaz then appears at the door... "Aghfh you can be scary at times you know" I giggle again and she laughs out loud "Well I may be scary but I got a call today andddddd..." She paused "I GOT ELLE, I got my girl."

I was so happy for her, gave Yaz a light squeeze "You lucky duck, I'm so happy for you but honey I think your bacon is burning." A panic appeared on her face "Shit!" She runs downstairs laughing to herself.

As I crawl back into my comfortable bed I decided to check my phone. "Oh my f-" 1 missed call, I quickly call back. Anxiously clicking on loud speaker, I wait for an answer. The ringing sound kept repeating and repeating until...

"Hello Libby?" An anonymous voice reached out.

"hello, I am really sorry, I had a missed call from this number I thought I would call back." I heard a sigh down the phone but a comfortable one.

I felt relief when I heard it. "Ahhh Libby yes It is Alice Oseman here I just want to call you about the part you auditioned for." Omg omg omg. I couldn't breathe.

Heartstopper could be most the life changing thing ever for me. Alice continues...

"I understand that you auditioned for Darcy and I am really sorry to say but you didn't get the role." Sadness fills upon me as I listened to Alice speak, but then I could hear her giggle as she carrys on with her sentence.

"But I have really good news, we would like to offer you the role of Lexi Mae Nick Nelson's best friend" I scream down the phone.

"Omg omg omg omg omg, I can't wait to play Lexi, thank you so much Alice" she laughs "I'm glad you are excited Libby, I have added you to a groupchat on Instagram with all the cast. I hope you will get along well." We end the conversation and I head straight to downstairs to Yaz.

Yaz was sitting watching TV in our living room. I act very calm, or what I think is calm but I am too excited to be filming a series with my best friend and I get to be on Netflix!!!! I sit down next to her and smile

"What are you up to?" She says.

"Oh nothing just about to check who my cast mates are for heartstopper, you know not much." I giggle and look up from my phone at Yaz's face. Her jaw is dropped as she lets out a mighty scream.

Yaz grabs me and squeezes me tight "I need to breathe you know" we both laugh and spend the rest of the day talking on the groupchat.

(I have updated this part on the 13th March 2023, Last year my writing was hideous. It's still not the best and somehow I have 15k reads. I never imagined this to get as much hype as it has. Thank you to everyone who read my story and I hope you like the new and improved part.)

)