Part 8 <3

"Huh?" He sounds confused

Shit. What did I just say. I have just ruined everything. Fucking lovely.

"I- I-." My brain just switches.. Fuck it.

"Why do I want to kiss you Kit?" I sigh. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. I see him. Speechless. I know I've fucked up everything.

I flop onto my back looking at the ceiling trying not to show him I was almost crying. We sat in silence for a minute then he spoke.

"How- how about we speak wh- when it's morning and w- w- we are both sober." He stutters. His voice sounds like he is going to cry. I siy up to see a single tear run down his face. I nod and head to my room, I don't even know where Kit goes but I assume it's to his room.

•••

I rise out of bed with a banging headache from all the alcohol. Then it hit me. I remember... Fuck...

I stand up and head to the bathroom, Kit had given me a spare toothbrush the night before. As I brush my teeth Kit walks slowly past the bathroom while throwing his hand through his hair. I turn to look at him as he turns to look at me at the same time.

"Good morning sleepy head" I say to him calmly hoping he didn't remember anything from the night before. He smirks.

His smile.

"I see that look... I remember everything come on. We should probably talk about it eh?"

"Fuck kinda hoping someone wiped your memory overnight but of course I'll meet you downstairs."

Kill me.

I top toe down the stairs and he turns his head to look at me. "I'm not in a prom dress don't worry!" I giggle.

"Awww." He rolls his eyes sarcastically.

I sit down and sigh."Can we at least put the TV on I want to see what is happening on 'This morning'. Plus I can just pretend to zone out when I need to."

He reaches for the remote, putting his head down laughing. "Ok ok."

The TV is on, we are sat. Now all that is left is talking...

"So where do you want to start Mr Connor?"

"Well obvious question. Did you mean what you said?"

Yes yes fucking yes.

"Well in the moment yes. I definitely wanted to but now I'm sober-

Do I lie? No. Yes. Fuck.

"But now I'm sober. No. I love you yes. But we are best friends and it couldn't be more between us..."