A Sealed Contract

Why did I do it? I was so blinded by my own intentions I hadn't realized why I ever agreed. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.
~~~~~~~~
"Goodmorning Mx. Y/N. I assume you slept well."
The voice had spoke almost seconds after I opened my eyes.
"Morning Mallory- Were you standing there the entire time?" I asked. "For a minute or so yes." Mallory had said in reply.
"Do I assist you in getting dressed? Or perhaps would you rather I have breakfast prepared?"
I thought for a moment, "No I'm perfectly fine dressing on my own, you can make breakfast or something if you want." I started to get up, looking out the window of my room. "I'll be sure to have it ready when you come down, Mx. Y/N." Mallory left the room, I could hear the footsteps through the estate. Fading away as they got to the stairs.
I walked over to the window, looking out at the place thats always been there. The sun peeking out from distant trees, if they hadn't been there than I might as well have gone blind by now.
Maybe we'll get to do something interesting today
I thought to myself, knowing the town I live in there's probably nothing much going on. It's a wonderful place, though often boring in a way. I never found myself bored in terms of doing things but this town could have used some sort of event.
"I'd host a party if it didn't mean inviting the whole town. Though the idea is making an event for the town, so I'll kick that off the list I guess." I muttered, looking around my room I spotted my wardrobe and walked over. I figured I'd get dressed now and maybe host a meeting with the town mayor.
Putting on a decently professional outfit was so far one thing off the list. I realized how hungry I was, it was morning of course but I had dinner earlier than normal so it wasn't out of the ordinary. Once I had gotten dressed I left and went to the dining room, sitting down at my usual spot. Besides Mallory, there really wasn't anyone else in the estate.
"I hope you enjoy breakfast, Mx." Mallory said, he'd been standing beside me and I hadn't even noticed. I also hadn't noticed that breakfast had been served.
"Thanks Mal, you aren't to bad at cooking I'd say." I told him, he always overdid things but when he did it was rather extraordinary. "You're welcome Y/N, hopefully it is to your liking. As last time there had been a mistake in my choice of meal."
   Mallory was talking about the one time I didn't like something, mainly because I never specified what I liked so it hadn't been entirely his fault. "Do you think we should schedule a meeting with the mayor? Have her plan some sort of event for the town. It's getting boring these days that's all." I asked him, I felt as if I would have known the reply.
"As I've said before there are certain things I am not in position to tell you what to do or not do. However, I suggest you do what you think you should." I almost disliked when he used that sort of reply, I'd rather just blame the contract for it than anything.
"Don't you think you'd have some sort of other reply to that? I'd rather just ask for a meeting with the mayor then. Wouldn't hurt to try and make something happen. Especially as long as nobody gets hurt. Mallory if something does happen, I order you to keep anyone safe. Those who are putting anyone endanger are the ones I want you to maybeeee- Eh- Wouldn't hurt to just knock them out."
He gave me a simple nod after I had said the words. "Of course Mx. Y/N, your command is what I follow"
I went to grab my keys, despite my house I don't have a driver or anything. Perfectly fine driving on my own. So far the only thing to worry about is how the meeting will go.
"I'm heading out Mallory, tidy up the estate or something while I'm gone. If I call your name I better see you there." I told him. He did a small bow and continued his work around the home. I however left, still hoping for the best during my trip to the mayor.