Bringing Up Contracts

After the bowling trip, the question he asked got ME questioning things. I don't like him like that do I? He's just- Well he's just a servant, a butler rather. Could we even be together because of that contract? I could even order him to be my date but that wouldn't be an actual like like kinda feeling. That'd just be him following my order. Did I even want him to like me like that? Or am I just jealous that out of all the contracts he's probably had that this Abigail girl seemed different?
Maybe I could find out more about Abigail, what had been so special about her? It makes me curious about what other contracts Mallory had. Wouldn't that be invasive though if I even asked those questions? The ride home itself already had confusing thoughts but now because of it I can't sleep. I never thought so much about what or who Mallory even was.
"Mallory?" I called out within the darkness of my room, the only light being from the moon outside my curtain covered window. I could see candle light shine from under the door as it opened, there was Mallory holding a candle. He seemed to be a bit old fashioned there but candles weren't that bad for using either way.
"Yes Mx. Y/N?" He said, the candlelight making some of the room brighter.
"Could you tell me more about Abigail? Or more specifically- some of the past contracts you've had?" I asked, sitting up a bit. "Sorry if that's a bit invasive." It was a similar reaction to me having the hairclip, Mallory hesitated in finding the answer.
"Is this an order or a request of choice? Very few would allow me to chose whether or not a wanted to answer something. Regardless, most of the time I hadn't really got a choice in what I told people." He answered, it was almost like he intended to put a bit of the answer to my question in his own reply. Decently smart move I guess, but now I felt more curious. Forming a contract and having that power over a demon that could do your any command must have brought the bad out in some people.
"So are you trying to say that most contracts wouldn't have gone so well with you?" I questioned, I wanted more than just assumptions. I wanted answers.
"I've been commanded to assault if not kill people before, and much more. I figured I'd start with murder since that was usually the worst among the list." He told me, he also went on with a list of other things he's been commanded to do. All I heard was just how much of a monster some people were. Sickening, horrid, terrifying even. My mind said more than my expression.
"People like that who form these contracts know exactly what the power they have in making it. One of the reasons I have some sort of guilt within myself. I'm not often asked the questions you've asked me. Or the questions Abigail has asked m-"
I interrupted him, "What was Abigail like, Mallory?" He hesitated once more, I could almost here a change in his tone, a solem or gloomy change.
"Abigail had been apart of the very few who hadn't thought of commanding such, mostly because their contracts had been different from the others. One of the few times I had been ordered to hurt someone it had been for a good cause. As in an order to protect someone, an order to protect the one I had a contract with."
"So Abigail had been almost the opposite of the others? Meaning she was nice-? She didn't mistreat you or order you to do- stuff like that-?" I continued.
"Indeed, is that all you wanted to ask? I could answer any further questions but it is past your usual nighttime. In other words, past the usual times I see you go to bed." He replied, I didn't have a bedtime or anything like that but he was right about me going to sleep around certain times.
"Can you stay here for some time? Maybe til I fall asleep or something since I assume you've got tasks at night." I asked.
"I cannot refuse an order, and I don't mind requests." Mallory said, sitting down at the side end of my bed, still holding the candle.
"Thank you" I told him, getting comfortable in bed before drifting off to slumber.