6

I wake up and it's finally Friday again. After hanging out last weekend and the long, dreadful school week I'm somewhat worn out. I suddenly hear my phone buzz and see a blueish light on the wall. I grab it and see a text from Gon.

Gon 🐸
Hi! Do you wanna go swimming this weekend?

Y/N
Sure. Talk to you at school.

   I grab my outfit that my mom forced me to prepare last night and put it on. I brush my teeth and my hair. Afterwards, I head downstairs. I grab a banana and my lunch. I snatch my house key. "Bye Mom, bye Dad!" I walk outside and see Gon up ahead. "Hey."

"Oh hey, Y/N." We walk and continue to chat. I mention an anime I started watching recently and find out Gon really likes it as well. We continue to talk about one of the characters and bump into Killua. I mention the show to him and he says he hasn't seen it.

   "What? You've gotta watch it." I state.

   "I don't know, I just don't have ti-"

   "You two are coming to my house later. I'll text my mom." I interrupt Killua and pull out my phone, texting my mom. She quickly lets me know that it's fine if they come over. We continue walking and we make it to the school gates. We all head to class and I instantly feel bored. The entire day goes pretty much the same. To help fill the void I listen to some music, but I try not to think about anything too much.

School is finally over. I grab Killua and Gon and drag them with me to my house. When I unlock the door and walk inside I see my mom. "Hey mom."

"Hi sweetie! How was school?"

"It was fine." My mom and I talk a bit back and forth, and then I bring Gon and Killua to my room. I sit on my bed and they sit next to me, although, it seems like they feel awkward. "You guys know that it's ok for you to be in here, right?"

"Sorry, Y/N." Gon pipes up. "I always feel awkward when I'm at someone's house for the first time."

"Same here." Killua responds.

"I understand that. The same happens to me." I grab the remote to my TV and turn on the show I wanted to show Killua. We sit and watch until we're all caught up. At this point it's Midnight.

"Oh crap! Aunt Mito's gonna be worried. I better go!" With that Gon leaves.

"It's late. You're parents are probably also worried."

"I don't feel like going home. I know this is asking a lot, but could I stay the night here?" Killua sits there, practically begging me.

"Let me ask my mom." With that I walk downstairs where my parents are watching a movie. "Hey, can Killua stay the night?"

"Sure." I head back upstairs and tell Killua he can stay.

   "I appreciate it."

   "Let's figure out the sleeping situation. You can have my bed and I'll sleep on the floor." I say while pointing towards the bed.

   "You sure? I'd feel bad taking the bed from you."

   "I'll be fine."

   "No, you take the bed."

   "No, you."

   "I'm serious."

   "Fine, neither of us will get it." With that I plop on the ground and hop on my phone.

   "Uh, I mean, fine." He sounds hesitant about it, but I decide to ignore it.

   It's now 3:56 AM. My eyes have grown heavy and I barely know what's happening in the YouTube video I'm watching. "And now, we'll tace mis an mnmnnmm..."

   "Shf, shf." What's going on. "Creeeak" My eyes shoot open. I see that Killua is setting me on my bed.

   "I'm not sleeping on my bed." With that I hop off of my bed and lay down on the floor. I instantly get lifted back up and sat on my bed. "I'm not sleeping on my bed and making you sleep on the floor."

   "Well, I'm not letting you sleep on the floor!"

   "Fine! Just get in the bed with me!" My thoughts slipped out of my lips before I could even comprehend them. I don't feel a heat rise to my face like I read in fanfic, but I can tell I'm most likely blushing. Without a word he lays next to me. I feel my pulse out of curiosity. Yeah, my hearts racing. Why the fuck did I say that.

"So..." Killua starts. There's an odd tension in the air, and I know it feels awkward. "Are you sure you're ok with this?" He sounds unsure.

"I mean, if you are, then I'm fine with i-"

"Yeah." We continue to lay, silent now. I'm not sure I can do this. Wait. Why was he so quick to respond? Damnit it's so awkward. Is it really awkwardness I feel? Am I overthinking the hell out of this? Probably. Still, I do wonder what caused him to respond so quickly. With that, I close my eyes.

*****

   Hi again. I'm sorry this took so long to update. I honestly just procrastinated. That's not an excuse, but it is information. Anyways, whenever I type Y/N's pronouns I keep typing she/her, which are mine, but I was trying to make this book more gender neutral. With that said, I would like to know; should I switch Y/N's pronouns? It will make this story easier to write, but I don't want to upset you all. Just let me know in the comments, and I'll keep them in mind! Thanks for reading.