Chapter Three - A Treasure To Find

The chilly breeze of morning air hit Sprig, Ivy and Yunan as the three of them flew through the sky. With the help of Joe Sparrow, the three of them were approaching their designated destination at a rapid speed. 

The current time being approximately 8 AM in the morning. Sprig and Ivy looked down from their seat and realized they were soaring above the clouds, with the ground of green still visible through it.

"So how much further until we get there?" Ivy asked to Yunan.

"Hey, he's your map expert, don't ask me." Yunan pointed at the frog sitting between the two that is Sprig.

"We're almost there, Ivy. It's not much longer." Sprig replied, leaning back on the seat to enjoy the ride.

Much to Yunan's expectations, the flight was a little too quiet for the three of them, almost awkwardly quiet. Ivy stayed silent while Sprig relaxed in his seat.

"So uhh... I always wanted to ask, how did you two become a thing?" Yunan said, attempting to strike a conversation up to fill the silence.

"Oh, us? Ivy asked me to go out with her after I didn't bring her or our other friends in Wartwood gifts back from Newtopia when we returned to town from there." Sprig replied.

"Yeah, after him and the Plantars summoned a Chicka-lisk to fake the gifts being taken by it, which were all fakes too, by the way." Ivy added to the story, giving Sprig a rather embarrassed look on his face as he remembered the Chicka-lisk incident from a long time ago.

"Ivy! Not in front of Yunan..." Sprig poked her by the shoulder, Yunan only snickered at the story and found it ridiculous.

"Anyways, unnecessary details are unnecessary. That was months ago after we first visited the city to find Marcy." He said.

"Wait, wait. I'm just curious about something- He... summoned a bird demon just because he didn't bring the town presents?" Yunan asked Ivy while grinning.

"Classic trope in the Plantar family, they always bring trouble." Ivy joked, shame once again hit Sprig on his face as he frowned.

Ivy and Yunan share a laugh together while Sprig collapses in his seat like a deflating balloon between them.

"There there, Sprig. Let bygones be bygones." Ivy patted Sprig on his hat.

While his girlfriend comforts him, Sprig holds up the piece of paper with the coordinates written on it, and immediately remembers where they are. Sprig looked down from the edge of the seat, and saw the swamp below that they were nearing.

"Down there!" Sprig pointed.

Yunan nodded in response. With a flick of the leash, Joe Sparrow immediately redirected his flight into a descent. They went through the clouds before their view became clear again as the clouds went away, now on top of them.

Joe performed a dive bomb to reach the ground faster, the three held on to their seat tightly as to not fall out. The avian steed slowed down as the grounds was now a lot closer, stopping his dive bomb completely and now going into a hover position, making the four of them slowly descend.

Joe finally landed his talons on the muddy ground. Sprig, Ivy and Yunan exhaled in relief that they didn't fall to their demise. Yunan set foot below firstly, with Sprig following her and gesturing his hand towards Ivy to jump off of the giant sparrow. Sprig caught Ivy in his arms as he helped her get down, while Yunan commanded Joe to stay where he landed.

"Well, this is exactly where you pointed. What's your plan now, Sprig?" Yunan asked.

Sprig examined his surroundings, and spotted nothing out of the ordinary. Thus, he made an instruction to his other two companions.