Chapter Five - Down Below, Both Heart and Castle

The sun has finally set. With the scroll in his possession, Sprig opened the exit door, allowing Ivy to go out first.

"Soos, we can't thank you enough for this. And I promise you, Lady Olivia will send you that money a few days after we finish this investigation." He said as he and Ivy were heading out of the hut.

"You're welcome, dude. Do come again!" Soos waved from behind the door.

"We'll make sure of that!" Sprig said.

As he and Ivy were preparing to leave, their hearts almost stopped when they realized they were confronted by spontaneous figures.

Renee Frodgers, along with her crew of newt thugs, stood intimidatingly in front of the Curiosity Hut, every one of them staring at Sprig and Ivy dead in the eyes. Sprig was not afraid of their presence, while Ivy on the other hand, is frightened to the core by their appearance.

Renee started to walk towards Sprig slowly. While all of this is going down, Soos watches the event unfold behind the door.

"I think you should head back inside." Ivy said in a scared tone to Soos.

Soos nodded, and slammed the door shut without a single question. Renee ignored Soos' sudden exit from the scene, and focused on Sprig and Ivy. The two young frogs only stood there, not able to escape in any way as Renee's thugs were starting to surround them both.

Tension started to enter the atmosphere. Sprig's heart started to pound faster while Ivy only held him by the hand in fear. Sprig put his girlfriend behind him in a protective manner, away from Renee.

Sprig looked up to Renee who was now right in front of him and Ivy. Between them is nothing but silence that fills the air.

"I take it that you have what I want." Renee said to Sprig, in his hand is the scroll that he took from the chalice.

"How did you find us?" Sprig responded.

"Some loser left a Curiosity Hut sticker out by the outpost." She replied, holding a ripped sticker up. 

Sprig immediately realized that sticker was the reason why Renee decided to come to the hut in the first place. Renee had found a sticker merchandise of the Curiosity Hut and tracked the shop down with it.

"Ponds." Sprig muttered to himself in annoyance to the late Curator Ponds.

"And..." Renee said as one of her thugs walked in front.

Sprig recognized her goon, and remembered it was the same newt that he tried questioning who suspiciously ran away earlier that evening.

"Oh, come on man! I thought we were friends!" Sprig quipped, also as an attempt to try to calm himself down.

"Save it, kid." Renee said.

"You have something I want... and I want you to give it to me." She added, glaring at the scroll that Sprig is currently holding.

"I can't let you get to that treasure." Sprig said.

"Give me that thing, kid." Renee gestured to the scroll.

"Or what? You'll kill me?" The young frog snarled at her.

"Not you." She said in a threatening tone.

Renee gestured her hands to her goons, all of them started to march their way forward.

"What?" Sprig said, questioning what Renee meant by 'Not you'.

"I saw how you looked at her, it was priceless." Renee added, giving Sprig a clear answer to his question.