Chapter 6: Under The Mask

The music was loud, and it was pretty crowded. The party was just getting started, and Julie was already on her fourth drink. Frank had arrived, fashionably late like always, about ten minutes ago. Where was he? Who the fuck knows. That boy was like a leaf in the wind. Julie walked back into the kitchen, almost tripping on the black designer rug. She found Joey talking with Susie by the island next to the food. She giggled, walking up to them.
"Heyyyy, I heard Sidney was looking for you, Joey~" She winked at him. Sidney, a cheerleader at school who clearly had a crush on Joey. Maybe he'll finally get laid tonight. He laughed and handed her his drink before walking out of the kitchen to find the girl. Julie downed the rest of his drink and looked over at the pink-haired girl. Susie walked over, taking the glass out of her hand. She frowned, trying to grab it back, but the other was too fast.
"You need to slow down, Jules. You're going to get sick," Susie muttered, looking to the side. Julie rolled her eyes before moving forward, hugging the girl.
"Oh, come on, Suz, I'll be fine!" She gave her best puppy dog eyes. Susie shook her head, definitely not believing the other. Julie frowned. But was cut off as a few boys walked into the kitchen up to them. Julie knew who they were. They come from their rival school. These boys were always the ones annoying the crap out of the Legion. Frank had finally scared them away last summer. But it seems they were back.
"This is a nice party, Julie" The leader of the idiots named Jordan smiled at her. Julie rolled her eyes, moving off of Susie walking in front of her to protect her.
"Would've been if you weren't here" She crossed her arms. She didn't invite them. Word probably got around that she was throwing another party.
"Aw, don't be like that angel" She made a disgusted face at the nickname. She would have punched him right then in the face, but she was not really in the right state of mind. As she was pretty drunk, and there were about 4 of them and one of her.
"Leave," she growled out. Jordan grabbed her arm, making her tense up.
"Actually, I was thinking you and I could get to know each other better" he brought his hand down her arm. She pushed him off roughly.
"Fuck off. This is my party. Leave before I get someone to make you!" she growled. Standing her ground like she always did.
"Ha, and who would do that?" Jordan teased. There were not a lot of options as he was rich and could make anyone's life a living hell for fucking with him. But there was one that did not give a shit and was willing to go further than any of those incels.
"Me," Julie smiled. How does he always seem to come at the right time? She turned her gaze to Frank leaning against the doorframe, with his arms crossed. His ego taking up the whole room already. Jordan clicked his tongue, turning to him.
"Well, if it isn't Frank Morrison, the leader of the nothings" Frank rolled his eyes.
"Jordan...It takes one call to your parents to make you grounded for a month. Leave '' Frank monotoned out. He gave a bored look at the other man. Jordan's face went red with anger as he turned, marching his way to Frank. He grabbed the tattooed male by his shirt,
"List-" before Jordan could even respond. Frank grabbed his arm, bending it backward, and kicked his legs out from under him. Julie snorted as the guy let out a yelp. Frank fixed his shirt and bent down to the jocks level.
"Listen up, Jordan, if you want to walk out here in one piece, I would suggest going now before I lose my patience" Jordan clenched his fist before standing up and shoulder-checked Frank as he left with his crew. Julie sighed and walked over to Frank. She was relieved nothing terrible happened. She did not want the cops to come again.
"Thank you" He shrugged, putting his arms behind his head. Joey ran in late as always,
"I just saw Jordan come out looking pissed. Are you guys okay?" Julie and Susie nodded.
"Yeah, Frank dealt with it," She answered. Joey smirked and walked to Frank, raising his fist.
"Did you beat his ass?" Frank laughed, fist-bumping him.
"Hell yeah," Julie rolled her eyes at the two boys. She turned to Susie, who was already eating some of the cookies. She looked over at the bunch, finding most of them gone, then back at Susie. She walked up to her.
"Where are they?" Susie stiffened before sighing, pulling out a ton in her pockets. Julie snorted.
"You don't have to steal. You can just ask" Susie smiled softly,
"I know" She was so cute.