A God? P1

Narrator's pov:

"In the ancient Kloud forest, there roams a God with three faces... one for day, one for night and one for the in-between.... This god's duty is the protection of children's souls.... his name, his faces.

When Sole is high in the sky the God you see is Sun, he is the one who guides the lost children back into life... when the sky is dim, dark and grim, Moon is the one you'll view. He is the one who Listens to the woes of children's life's lost in screams.... and when it is that Sole is eclipsed or hangs half out of sight... Eclipse is the one that you'll see, the pied piper of the children, the light at their sea."

It was an old story told to children in her village, not to fear the God of lost children's souls...

"He does not appear before adults my children, but if you see him know he will not leave you be."

However, Y/N was well of age. 20 years no less.

How. Just how could she see him?

The God, Sun, was looking right back at her.

The young woman could only stare. Shock in her very soul.

"You are not a child are you..?" The Sun faced God asked kindly.

Y/N only shook her head. She was too shocked to speak.

The Sun faced God could only giggle playfully at her reaction. "What is your name pretty Mortal?" He asked.

Y/N could barely stutter a reply. "I-i... I am.. Y-y/n... y-your godness...." The woman spoke through her jitters.

Sun smiled, beaming at her. "So you can see me after all! And hear me as well..." he clapped as he trailed off.

Then he laughed at what she had called him. "Godness, hohoho! Your an interesting one!" He told her.

Y/N wasn't sure what to do with that particular compliment.

Sun could only chuckle at her dumbfounded expression.

He was situated on the other side of a river, fog was everywhere... Y/N had entered the mountain forest to gather herbs and other necessary ingredients for her medicines.

Sun wryly eyed the basket upon her back and the sash at her waist. "What brings you here hmm?" He asked teasingly, having a few guesses.

Y/N knew better then to lie to a God, so she told him the truth as damaging as it could be to her should it ever reach the ears of the villagers.

"I practice medicine great Sun... my brother could not learn it so grandfather taught me in his stead. I gather and make the healing concoctions and my brother sells them..." She told him, honesty brimming in her words.

The Sun faced God found himself amused. "Rare for a woman to practice medicine, humans so easily burn the brightest one's merely for their physical being. It's a shame, so do keep this to yourself won't you pretty maiden?" He giggled in a hush.

Y/N nodded and turned away, leaving to continue her important task.