Chapter 10: Butterflies

Nickel's P.O.V.

I spent the next few days relaxing and thinking. And of course being bored. I also sometimes had a little talk with Clover if she flew by. 

I avoided everyone at first, but lately I've been accepting their attention. Goo was always there to talk to and for the inspirational quotes. Usually, they didn't make sense, but they did give me a feeling of wholesomeness, so that's good. 

Tea Kettle was there for me if I needed a hug, which, I'll admit it, was needed sometimes. I have feelings too you know. She's like a mom sometimes. She was already like that when we were known as the Sinkers. She's also there with snacks if I, or the others, feel hungry. Blueberry was chill too. I sometimes just chilled with him. No words were spoken in these moments, just two objects in a somewhat sad atmosphere, just chilling. Lifering was there for the positive mood. Even though his speeches of encouragement were lame sometimes, his attitude did cheer me up a little. 

The only one whom I didn't really talk to, was Cabby. The reason was because she always wanted to know more about my relationship with Balloon. And Balloon was the last one I wanted to think of right now. I didn't want to constantly miss him, I didn't want to think of how sad he was when I had to leave, I didn't want to be emotional. 

Oh god, here I am, being emotional again.

I got up from the place I was sitting. Blueberry, who was sitting next to me, had drifted off to sleep. I couldn't blame him. It's just so boring around here! Why wouldn't anyone fall asleep? 

I eventually found a place near the water. I sat down on the cold sand and stared into the distance. I sighed. 

Damn, it's so boring around here!

Out of boredom and sadness, I started humming to myself. The humming turned into singing soon.

Musical number starts here shshejehehhe

Nickel: *looks up* The seasons come and go, like thoughts of you. *looks at the sea again* Like a wave returns to the sea, *closes eyes* into the blue. *opens eyes and gets up* They change, but in a cycle that I can't lose. *looks down* Each painful but delightful to live through...

*the scene changes to the place where Balloon and Nickel confessed their love, and Nickel starts walking around* You came into my life, just like another season. *stands still as memories of Balloon and him play in the background as he smiles* Not for long, just a time, just like another season. *the memories fade as he looks up* Maybe this time next year you'll reappear for unknown reason. *looks down slightly as he puts his foot on the place his heart should be* But I'll cherish every day until you find my way this season. 

*insert a few flashbacks of Nickel and Balloon playing with like a pastel kind of aesthetic filter* 

*the scene fades to Nickel being on the beach*

Nickel: *sits down on a rock* The seasons turn and change, just like your mind. Like the sun gives into the moon, into the night.

*starts walking around* Time continues marching, it slowly crawls. *sees Balloon sitting at one of the Pic-Nix tables from a distance* With each new one starting, I recall...

You came into my life, just like another season. *blushes and smiles a bit* Not for long, just a time, just like another season. *sees Balloon and approaches him* Maybe this time next year you'll reappear for unknown reason. *Balloon fades away and Nickel looks down* But I'll cherish every day until you find my way this season.