what i've waited for.

*y/n pov*

I laughed at what had just happened quietly to myself...

'did you see his face' I said thinking to myself as I made my way down stairs.

 my mother looked at my face quizzically.

"Are you ok? you have a weird smile on your face" she said as we walked to the kitchen.

"yea I fine mom" was all I said as I sat at the dinner table across from Mitch's parents.

Mitch came into the kitchen soon after and sat next to me.  His face still a light shade of pink as he looked down at his plate not making eye contact with anyone at the table.

~skips over boring supper~

"ugh I hate dinner with company, all they do is talk about how great (y-sib-n) is." I thought out loud as I made my way to the porch. I grabbed my outside blanket and walked outside.

The sky was beautiful and the stars looked like small fireflies in the sky. I laid my blanket out on the  grass. Laying back I looked for all the constellations I knew, which wasn't very many.

I had been outside for a good 10 minutes just staring at the sky; the sky kept me sane, it felt like I was in my own world. The sudden movement beside me caused me to jump as I looked over to see Mitch had laid beside me.

He laughed " I didn't mean to scare you I mean I know my face is scary but god." I slapped his arm an laughed with him as I returned my gaze to the sky.

"Do you always just lay out here like this?" he asked propping his head up on his elbow looking at me. "No just when im really bored or when I want to be left alone."

"oh" he looked at me " ill stop bothering you" as he began to get up.

"no!" I blurted out as I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.

But instead of landing next to me, he landed on top of me. My head was between his arms and he was looking down at me. I realized what was going on aand felt a blush come to my cheeks.

"y/n"

"mmmhm"

"Can you keep a secret?"

"of course" I said looking in his eyes.

He leaned in just two inches from my face still keeping his eyes locked with mine.

"Even after 2 years..... I .....y/n....I love you."

My eyes went wide in shock as his lips connected with mine, and the strangest feeling inside told me 'kiss him back dumby'