Part 8. A small investigation.

***Y/N POV***
After that lunch on Saturday I was overthinking everything the whole evening and fell asleep exhausted by my own though. On Sunday morning I called my sister.
- Hi, Ruki, do you have a minute?
- What's up, Y/N, yesterday your message confused me.
- Well... it's about a guy, but no romance, - I knew what she'd think first, because she is waiting for my wedding even more than my parents.
- Oh, than I'll call you later tonight, that's won't be a one minute talk, - I know she is smiling widely now.
- 'kay, I'll be waiting for your call.
- And I'm freaking intrigued, can't wait, - I knew she was about to explode of interest, - Gtg, bye, nee~
- Bye, Ruki.

I opened my laptop and started looking through my files from the uni on what else I can revise. I was reading a lot and working on the presentation of my project. It's so boring - design code for city navigation in Osaka... The first my idea was to make it a little crazy, but my curator said that it's not applicable and i should be serious about it. So the whole project and the result is soo boring. I don't wanna anyone see it. Then I found my files with the first sketches.

Hmmm, I've just got a brilliant idea about my presentation!

I began to fulfill my plan to tease the teachers. I included my first sketches to my project, like one on the variants, and made the whole presentation using design elements from that sketches. It took me the whole Sunday, but I like my project now. It was already dark outside, I haven't even ate anything the whole day. I took some fast food ramen and poured the hot water inside of the plastic pot.
While it was cooking by itself I got a call from my sister.
- Hey, Y/N, I'm listening very attentively, - she said
- Well... You know I'm just not sure what I am doing... I need someone's approval, maybe, but... listen, it's complicated...
- What's the matter, nee~? - she was all worried now. We can feel each other even through the phone call.
- Look. I don't like him like a, you know, man aaaand... he is a dangerous guy... he involved in a gang. - I haven't told her he has top position, so won't worry too much. Also I'm still not sure who is he in that gang, - But I feel like he has something good in him, he just lost his way once. We had a nice lunch yesterday, and we talked a lot... he seemed a normal human. And I'm still not sure if it is okay to continue this all...
- Y/N, have he hurt you or tried to do it?
- Ruki, he did, but it was an accident... technically yesterday's luch was an apology, and you know, he really overdid it. I'm still shoked.

I told her briefly about yesterday..

- Well, sis, it's only up to you, - said Ruki, - I don't wanna be responsible for your choice, that what you always told me.
- I know. I just want to hear what you think about that situation...
- Do you? Well, you're stupid nee~ and has always been like that. Personally I have huge doubts that you can help him, but... you have me and parents, and he has none, so maybe you'll just facetime to talk and that's all. You shouldn't overdo it. Just be in contact when he needs you, and be safe.
- Ruki... thank you... I really wanted to hear your thoughts.
- But if he really changes - I'm gonna be your ceremony advisor!
- Shush, Ruki, I said I'm not gonna have a romance with a gangster!
- Yes, yes, of course... is he pretty?
- Well, he looks well in terms of art.
- Gotcha, you like his appearance, he must be handsome af
- Ruki! - you heard your mama in phone
- Mom! It's Y/N, she has finals next week and I'm scolding her so she would pass it! - she said.
- Okay Ruki, the other conversation is waiting right behind you. Tell mom and dad I'm alright and I'm 100% ready for finals.
- Yea, bye, have a lovey-dovey week!
- Bye, Ruki, love ya.

Ruki is wise girl, and she said just what I expected to hear, but I needed to hear it. I ate my ramen, did some evening skincare and went to bed.
I can't sleep, maybe it's anxiety about tomorrow. Yes I'm ready for this exam, but it's still nervous to have it. Or maybe my anxiety raised because of Mikey? I'm feeling kinda responsible for him now, but it shouldn't be like that. That freakin older-sister's syndrome... he's not my lil bro, he's just a friend. I should stop overthinking about it, or I'll end up falling in love with him and that would ruin everything.
"If I loose someone special to me once again, I would be totally waisted", - he said. I can't be THAT special, because he would give all himself to protect me, and he needs to manage his businesses. That's a bad idea, I have to be a nice neighbor, that is always nice to drink a couple of glasses with...