∩ Chapter 03 ∩

"I'd like to start with Kouji Kouda." Nervously stepping up, the boy made his way to the front of the class where Kai had set out a chair for them to sit on. "Don't be frightened, this is only to help you, okay, Kouji?" Kouji nodded, closing his eyes as her hand made contact with his forehead.

The room suddenly went dark, something Izuku was all too familiar with. The chairs and desks disappeared, but everyone from the classroom was there, including Kouji and Kai. Holding Eri to his chest, Izuku eyed the woman warily. Toshinori noticed the boy's actions immediately, pointing it out to the others. The room remained dark, a few lights flashing by and for a moment Izuku was convinced he was back with him and because of that his grip on Eri tightened, not enough to hurt her but enough for those around him to notice.

Then, just like a flip was switched, the room came into focus once more. This time they were in the USJ. Makes sense, Izuku thought as they watched villain after villain attack the class, this was a traumatic incident. The room flashed once more and they were at the summer training camp, the League of Villains attacking again. The room flashed one last time and they were back in the classroom, Kouji sniffling from where he sat.

Seeing the boy sat there, sniffling and crying, set something off in Izuku and he had to keep himself from lashing out at the woman stood at the front of the room, opting to glare at her instead. "Thank you for your participation, Kouji," Kai smiled, the shy boy nodding as he stood up to walk to his seat. Instead of going straight to his seat, he instead headed to Izuku's desk where the greenette gently hugged him, letting him sit on his chair while he stood, leaning against the window, watchful eyes on Kai.

"Kouji Kouda, no." Nezu's voice rang out through the near silent room.

"Next person I wish to help is Mezou Shoji."

Katsuki scoffed, glaring. It was obvious to everyone that two of the three powerhouses in class 1-A were not at all happy with this experiment their principal and teachers were pulling. It was ridiculous. Besides, if this was to help that one person and for therapy, why wasn't Ryo here with them? It would make sense for UA's therapist to be here. Or UA's nurse to be here.

"Now, Mezou-"

"Shoji. I don't like strangers calling me by my first name." Mezou couldn't help but glare at Kai, feeling uncomfortable near her.

"Mezou-"

"Oi!" Izuku snapped, glaring at Kai, his quirk activating but only on his arms. "He said to call him Shoji, not Mezou. This is a warning. Pull one more stunt like this, I won't hold back. Got it? Good, you may continue." Turning his glare away from her and to Mezou, he couldn't help the smile that graced his face at the grateful look the multi-limbed teen was sending his way.

Shouta was watching the teen, noticing how tense he was. Problem Child is always the first one to defend his classmates, but to go this far with threatening someone? This isn't like him... could it be him?

"I apologise, Shoji," Kai apologised, bowing her head before placing a hand on the teen's forehead.

The room suddenly went dark like it did with Kouji. This isn't going to be easy, especially when it's my turn. Izuku thought as they saw flashes go past. Should I warn Eri about it? Or should I- Before he could continue his thought, the place they were in began to shake. Now on high alert, the teen began to look around for the cause but what he saw enraged him.

Mezou was sat in the middle of a room, seemingly in a middle school outfit, and the boy had multiple other kids around him, bullying him and laughing as they tried to rip off his mask and limbs. If I see these dicks in town anywhere, it's on fucking sight. The image changed then to the USJ and then to the summer training camp and then... was that everyone with their backs to him? That... That never happened!... Did it?