∩ Chapter 04 ∩

"Next person I wish to help is Minoru Mineta." Minoru carefully sat down, eyeing the woman carefully. "Now, Minoru, I'm going to place my hand on your forehead and then we'll see how we can help you, okay?" Not giving him time to respond, Kai placed her hand on the forehead of the teen. The room suddenly went dark like it did with the others, lights flashing by as they whizzed through memories.

The black image around them then changed to the USJ, and then to the summer training camp, and then... was that him, Katsuki, and Shoto turning their backs on him? When did that happen? Had it happened? Glancing around, it seemed as though it was only Katsuki and Shoto who had seen the last image from Minoru.

Eventually they were eased out of it, and Izuku went up to make sure Minoru was okay and guided him back to the seats where he helped the smaller boy to the ground by Kouji, Mashirao, and Tooru.

"Minoru Mineta, no." Nezu's voice rang out through the room.

"You alright?" Minoru merely nodded, pulling his legs to his chest. Sighing, Izuku took a seat next to him, patting his shoulder. "It'll get better. Slowly, but it will get better."

"Just takes time..."

"Exactly," Izuku smiled before glancing around the room. How much longer are the pros insisting on letting this go on for? This was getting ridiculous. "If this doesn't end soon, I'll end it myself."

"You know I'm always one to agree with you, Deku," Katsuki smirked, "but not this time. We can't exactly do what you want to do if we want to stay here."

Izuku huffed, leaning back as Eri sat in his lap. "Stupid fucking rules." Tooru, Kouji, Mashirao, and Minoru all looked at the greenette like he had grown a second head while Katsuki just cackled, Shoto just shook his head at Izuku, smiling. The group calmed down just as the next person was called up.

"Next person I wish to help is Momo Yaoyorozu." Momo carefully sat down, eyeing the woman carefully. "Now, Momo, I'm going to place my hand on your forehead and then we'll see how we can help you, okay?" Not giving her time to respond, Kai placed her hand on the forehead of the teen. The room suddenly went dark like it did with the others, lights flashing by as they whizzed through memories.

"Momo, darling, remember – we're better because we have money."

"Momo, you must be proper."

"You are not proper, child."

"I'm sorry, father!"

"You better be, kusogaki."

"You can't do anything right, you damn kusogaki!"

The scene changed to the USJ, Momo on her knees sobbing as she tried to make anything she could to help stop the bleeding Shouta was suffering from. "I'm sorry, sensei. I can't do anything right." The scene slowly faded out, Momo's sobs still sounding out as the summer training camp faded into view.

"Momo! Momo, we need to go!" That was Denki yelling. Was this during or after the attack? "Momo!"

Momo was stood, looking into the clearing. Izuku squinted and almost flinched when he saw what the ravenette was seeing. The red smoke was back. I'm still infected... "Do you see that, Izuku?" Izuku flinched, head snapping up to see Momo's face in front of his. Only, it wasn't the Momo he was used to. This Momo had eyes that were blacked out and thick black tears running down her cheeks. Her voice was warped as well, as though something or someone was using her to talk through, using her as a vessel. "You see the smoke. You know you're still infected. You shouldn't have left; you'll only infect those around you."

Momo's hand went to touch him, which is when he snapped out of the trance, feeling a hand on his shoulder. "Izu? Are you okay?" It was Momo's voice, and it wasn't warped. Nodding, he took a deep breath to try and calm his racing heart when somethin ice-cold settled onto his forehead. Knowing it was Shoto or Momo, he began to relax when the next person was called up, Momo refusing to leave his side now.

"Momo Yaoyorozu, no." Nezu's voice rang out through the room.

"Next person I wish to help is Fumikage Tokoyami." Fumikage carefully sat down, eyeing the woman carefully. "Now, Fumikage, I'm going to place my hand on your forehead and then we'll see how we can help you, okay?" Not giving him time to respond, Kai placed her hand on the forehead of the teen. The room suddenly went dark like it did with the others, lights flashing by as they whizzed through memories.

The black image around them then changed to the USJ, and then to the summer training camp, and then Dark Shadow taking control of him. there was a clear struggle, especially as his friends came closer and closer to him. "Stay back!"

"We're going to help you!"

"No, it's too late. Dark Shadow is out of control!"

"Kat, Sho, you know what to do." Suddenly an explosion sounded, light pouring into the clearing. As the explosion faded, flames erupted to keep the light source going. "We're not leaving you, Toko. Never." I thought they were supposed to be our darkest memories, why did this one become happy?

Eventually they were eased out of it, and Kai looked pissed.

"Fumikage Tokoyami, no." Nezu's voice rang out through the room.