∩ Chapter 07 ∩

"Next person I wish to help is Shoto Todoroki." Shoto carefully sat down, glaring at the woman cautiously. "Now, Shoto, I'm going to place my hand on your forehead and then we'll see how we can help you, okay?" Not giving him time to respond, Kai placed her hand on the forehead of the teen. The room suddenly went dark like it did with the others, lights flashing by as they whizzed through memories.

Izuku and Katsuki glanced at each other as the memories progressed from Shoto's first 'bonding session' with his father to his last 'bonding session', knowing how much this was going to affect the half-hot-half-cold quirk user. As they continued on, it was a shock to not see a majority of the teenager's memories since Shoto had told them explicitly that most of his memories he considers 'dark'. The scenes slowly faded away, the USJ appearing and then the training camp. Eventually they were eased out of it, with Izuku and Katsuki comforting the red-and-white haired teenager.

"One of you were messing with my quirk again," Kai started, glaring at all of them. "We can't help if we can't see all of the memories that are considered to be 'dark'."

"I don't think anyone has a quirk that messes with your quirk," Izuku said. "At least, the children in this room don't. I'll give you a list of all the quirks – in no specific order – and then you can decide who is affecting your quirk, affecting your job. Tail, Navel Laser, Pop Off, Invisibility, Sugar Rush, Dupli-Arms, Earphone Jack, Tape, Frog, Anivoice, Zero Gravity, Acid, Electrification, Hardening, Dark Shadow, Engine, Creation, Explosion, Half-Cold Half-Hot, Super strength, and rewind. Do any of those sound like something that could possibly affect your quirk?"

"Well, no-"

Izuku clapped his hands at the answer, signalling the discussion was coming to a close. "Then there you go. Why don't we just move on, then, hm? Because this is quite literally pointless."

"Shoto Todoroki, no." Nezu's voice rang out through the room.

Kai nodded, looking away from the student. "Next person I wish to help is Katsuki Bakugo."

"Help?" He muttered two his two comrades, shaking his head. "More like giving us all multiple setbacks." The others nodded as he went up to the front of the classroom.

Katsuki carefully sat down, glaring at the woman cautiously. "Now, Katsuki, I'm going to place my hand on your forehead and then we'll see how we can help you, okay?" Not giving him time to respond, Kai placed her hand on the forehead of the teen. The room suddenly went dark like it did with the others, lights flashing by as they whizzed through memories.

Not much really happened with Katsuki. It wasn't surprising seeing one of his dark memories would be the sludge incident from middle school, the one All Might saved him from. What did come off as weird for Izuku was seeing a memory go by slowly as if it was contemplating whether it was truly dark enough to be considered one of Katsuki's darkest memories. The memory itself wasn't odd with it being about the sludge incident, but it was the people within it.

Everyone knows how the sludge incident occurred and the people and their roles within the incident: Sludge Villain as the villain, Katsuki as the victim, Shinji, Death Arms, Backdraft, Yu, and Slugger as the heroes, Toshinori as the saviour, and Izuku as the one that got in the way.

This memory, however, had the orders reversed. Sludge Villain was still the villain, the heroes were still the heroes, and Katsuki was still the victim. But Toshinori and Izuku had switched. Now All Might was the one who had gotten in the way while Izuku was the saviour.

Was it a mistake? Was this memory ever supposed to be revealed? Was it a conflict between what actually happened and what Katsuki believes happened? It striked him as rather odd. I'll need to talk to him about this. The memories slowly faded away, the USJ appearing and then the training camp. Eventually they were eased out of it, with Izuku and Shoto comforting the explosive blonde.

"Katsuki Bakugo, no." Nezu's voice rang out through the room. That leaves only one, Nezu thought, his eyes finding the form of Izuku Midoriya as he comforted his friend, trying to make sure he was alright before he stood, seemingly preparing himself for his turn. "That leaves one; Izuku Midoriya."