Chapter Four: Failed Show

JESSE'S P.O.V

  Rae kept explaining stuff about killer whales to me as I asked her questions.

  "I'm going back to school to get my Ph.D in marine biology" She said while cleaning a bucket.
"But if you do that, Willy will be alone. There'll be no one to take care of him" I responded as Rae took my shoulders and led me into her office.

  "Well Nova's here. Charlie's in school though" She said.
"Who's Charlie?" I asked curiously.
"My boyfriend,Charlie" she responded annoyed.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" Rae all of a sudden asked.
"Well what makes you think I want one?" I responded.
"You and Nova spend a lot of time together" She said back.
"Well I think she's pretty and—...I'm gonna stop myself" I whispered the end.
"Ahh..so you do like her" Rae responded.
————————————————————
NOVA'S P.O.V

  Me and dad were watching Jesse train Willy and so far it's going smoothly.

    A little while after dad brought Jesse back to the cottage. I went to my room and I heard dad talk about the book that grandpa gave him. I've heard that story about a million times.
————————————————————
  Rae and Jesse have been training Willy for a couple of days now. I think he's doing amazingly. I've never seen Willy communicate with someone so much.

  I was walking near Willy's tank as I saw Jesse.
"What are you making that awful noise for?" He said probably asking Willy.
"Willy does that a lot" I said as Jesse flinched at my presence.
"Sorry! But anyway Willy likes calling out for his family.." I said sadly looking at Willy.
"He just misses them" I continued.
Jesse just frowned at the thought and leaned his head on my shoulder.
————————————————————
  I was going to Willy's tank to check up on him and feed him,but instead I saw Jesse and some kid with a black eye.
"Hey Jess.." I said.
"Oh hey Nova" He said smiling.
"This is my friend..Perry" He said introducing his friend.
"Nice to meet you Perry" I said forcing a smile as I wasn't really in the mood today.
Perry just smiled back.

  "Jess,feed Willy for me please? I know you just bought him food,but just please" I said sneezing.
"Yeah don't worry Nova" He responded smiling.

  As I walked away I heard their conversation on how this Perry kid was going somewhere and wanted Jesse to go.

  'smh as if'
————————————————————
  Mr.Dial and Wade were gonna be here to see Willy performing. I didn't watch because I felt sick. Later,Rae told me it was amazing. Maybe I just keep thinking about how Jesse might leave and never come back one day.

  A couple days later dad and Rae told me that Jesse would be doing a show with Willy and I couldn't see that one either because my dad said I might get Jesse sick! I feel better,but I'm kinda glad I didn't go. I was told that the show didn't go too well and Jesse kinda..got mad at Willy.
————————————————————