17

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚
𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗
𝟒:𝟒𝟓 𝐩𝐦

Laila had an exhausting back flight to Charleston. She didn't slept more than two hours that night, she felt bad for being the reason her sister wasn't feeling well. The guilt was hunting her, hunting her mind, haunting her dreams.

After Laila woke up drenched in sweat, she immediately cleaned up herself and the bed she was sleeping in. After that Sydney was kindly driving her to the Malibu airport.

Of course Sydney knew that Laila had to go at some point, but she didn't thought it had to be that soon. She was actually enjoying her time with Laila, not just on set where they started to bond, but she did missed Laila after only two days of not filming for Euphoria.

'Luckily' for Sydney, Brody decided to stay a couple of days longer than his best friend, so he, Sydney and her brother could hang out more, even if Laila wouldn't be there.

On the five hour flight to Charleston Laila couldn't sleep either, because there was a baby that didn't have stopped crying. She liked kids especially babies, but she just wanted to get some rest.

Not that the lack of sleep and the haunting feeling of guilt were enough, no. Laila started to grow a headache from the ear shattering noise of the babys screaming.

After finally landing and getting her suitcases she slowly walked down to the gate 4, where Chase and Drew supposed to be waiting for her, that's what Chase texted her before she got on her flight. He explained that Madelyn didn't know she was coming, that it should be a surprise. Which Laila really didn't really care about, she just wanted to see her big sister again.

Lost in her thoughts she still walked through the airport, and bumping into muscle wall "sorry" The blonde girl immediately apologized, while looking embarrassed at the floor.

The so called muscle wall turned around to see who didn't pay enough attention on walking "Leni?" the male asked.

Laila looked up and saw his face. Drew's face. His blue eyes pierced through her Hazel ones.  "Hi" she said quietly.

His plumb lips formed into a smile "I'm Drew." He said like it wasn't fucking obvious.

"Leni" she introduced herself.

"Yeah I know" he said, scrunching up his freckle covered nose.

Laila forced herself not to smack her hand against her forehead. How stupid could she be? He just called her Leni and yet she introduced herself as Leni, again "uhmm, where is Chase?" Drew was to focused on the girl, looking at her pretty face, instead of listening what came out of her mouth "Drew?" She asked again a bit louder, because she thought he couldn't hear her well the first time.

"Huh?" He said, waking up of his daydream about the person in front of him.

"Where is Chase?" She asked worried about the guy she never even met, but couldn't help to worry about his absence "He said he would be here."

"He saw a sign for a McDonald's he's already ordering, he said as soon as you here we should go there." He could see that Laila hesitated "don't worry, Madelyn is filming anyways right now. There is nothing that you can do at the moment, except to eat with us." He explained, still leaving out the real reason why his friend went away.