23

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚
𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

As kind as Austin was he drove her home, and insisted to walk her upstairs- wanting to have her in safe space before he would leave. "Thank you, Austin. For everything."

"No, need to be thanking me. That's what friends are there for." He gave her a soft smile. "It been a pleasure meeting you, Laila Cline."

"Leni" she corrected him "and I can't wait to get to know you better." They gave eachother a little hug and then she unlocked the door.

"Have fun packing." He said out loud in the hallway, while he walked down the staircase.

Leni smiled down at herself, walking into the flat- closing the door "Packing for what." Chase asked behind her.

"Jesus" Leni flinched.

"Sorry" Chase pressed his lips together.

"I'm leaving tonight. I have to go back home." Leni told him while she walked down the hall.

Chase just stayed still "What?" He asked loud. Leni ignored him and closed the door of her room. Getting ready to pack everything. "Kid" the brunette called out loud. "What happened?" He asked as he entered the room.

"Nothing happened. Brody needs my help." The blonde explained sitting on the floor, her opened suitcase besides her.

"But why does it look like you are running away?" The older guy stood at the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest.

Leni rolled her eyes at the stokes guy "I don't know. Maybe you are delusional?"

"Does your sister knows about this?" Even the brunette himself cringed at his sentence. Already sounding like a dad.

Leni rolled her eyes at the stokes guy "kinda" she mumbled "I just need to get away, have a little time for myself. Get my head straight."

"What happened, that you need to get your head straight?" Chase questioned, he saw that Leni hesitated and offered her to hit the balcony. She didn't know why, but she agreed. So she sat there with her sisters semi boyfriend. "Tell me what is bothering you, kid" the brunette lit his cigarette.

"Just don't tell Lynnie about this." Chase nodded "the other day at the beach, where Rudy took me away for a minute." Chase tried to let it not show, but he didn't expected this to be about Rudy. Sure he felt tension around them the last few days, but he thought it was just because Rudy was getting on her nerves "He took me to a place, started to telling me that he likes me- in his own way. And then he tried to kiss me."

"But" he urged, wanting to know that happened. Leni just looked at him for second, letting himself figure out the rest. "I called, and he told me that you were about to kiss. That was the reason why you were so upset."

Leni nodded "Jup. And he tried to make up for it the past days and today."
The brunette nodded eagerly wanting to know what happened "Drew and I went to Nikkis to see some of the others, during the break. Guess who was there."

"JFK? What do I look like Sherlock Holmes?" Leni laughed down at herself. He didn't even knew that she had changed his name to Sherlock in her phone.