3rd Chapter - Revelation

"Brother! Brother, Wake up!"

Tanjiro woke up and saw his brother standing next to him. Tanjiro looked around him only to see that it was already morning.

Usually he would wake up early in the morning and he would start working. He has been waking up late because he has been going to Lady Shinobu's house recently to do his service for her. But no one in his family or anyone knew about that until just the previous day he found out that two girls have been following him and that knew that he was visiting Lady Shinobu's house but they didn't know why he was going there.

As he tried to recall the previous day's events, he remembered Lady Shinobu snapping at him. He also recalled the encounter with the girls and how they pinned him down. Since then, his back has been aching after he received a blow to his back.He also remembered the girls telling him to meet them at the railway station.

"They didn't specify the time. Could they have meant this afternoon?" Tanjiro thought to himself. He turned to look at his brother standing next to him, who looked like he was about to say something to Tanjiro.

"Lady Tamayo. She's here."

Tanjiro, got up after hearing the news and rushed to tidy himself. His minds was rushing with the thoughts of his mother's well-being.

"Is mom feeling better? I hope she's doing better than before." was all Tanjiro could think of. He tidies himself up and started to head to the room where Lady Tamayo would be. Nezuko was standing near the door. Their eyes met but she looked away quickly. Tanjiro was saddened by the fact that his sister was ignoring him. Tanjiro reassured himself that it was for the best as he couldn't tell her or anyone about how he got the money or what he's been up to since they'd feel guilty for it and blame themselves.

Lady Tamayo was sitting on a chair, who was waiting till Tanjiro comes.He could smell a scent of sadness coming from Lady Tamayo.

"How is mother doing?"

"She's getting better. With the money that I've got now, I'm sure we'd be able to treat but..." Lady Tamayo looked up at Tanjiro "...the medicine we have would only last for a week."

"It's okay, Lady Tamayo. I can handle it. I'll get you the money." He said with a promising look.

"Tanjiro.", Lady Tamayo said with concern. "I don't know what you're doing but please don't stress yourself."She was purely asking this out of concern as she was worried what Tanjiro might be doing to get the money to his hand.

"Thank you for the advice, Lady Tamayo." Tanjiro said with a reassuring smile. He took the advice and watched as Lady Tamayo took her leave.

He tries to think of any other way to get his hands on money. But alas he couldn't think of any other way that would take less time than this. He had to take time into consideration as his mother's life was on the line.

He remembered that he had to go the railway station to meet the two girls he met yesterday. When he was about to leave,he looked behind him to see Nezuko looking at him. It looked like she wanted to say something. She tried to but she lacked the courage.

Tanjiro went up to his sister and gave her a tight warm hug. Nezuko hoped that he wouldn't let go as she was saddened by the thought of losing her brother. It broke Nezuko's heart to see Tanjiro being so secretive. Nezuko loved her brother so much that she just didn't want him to suffer the burden alone. "That is what family is for. They are there to support you and to help you carry the burden." was what Nezuko wanted to say.

"It's okay, Nezuko. You're brother's got this." Tanjiro patted his sister's head. He couldn't stand seeing Nezuko being sad.

"I'll be back. I promise." He left her and started walking down the path that lead to the village. He just couldn't get himself to tell his sister the truth no matter how much he tried. It was as if there was a wall between them. He rememberd the reason why he was hiding the truth in the first place. He didn't want anyone to feel guilty for what he was doing.
Nezuko stared along the distance, tears rolling down her cheeks as her brother was no longer in sight.

XXXX