7th Chapter - Heartwarming

Hustling, bargaining, lively, fast-paced, hectic...

...and then there's Tanjiro.

The red headed teen stood there on the corner of the street, his mind in its own deep world. His face looked to be deep in thought while his eyes just roamed around in a daze.

What was he doing standing in front of Shinobu's shop? Wasn't what happened the previous day way enough for him just bury himself alive? Might as well chop his head off so he'll never pass on to the next life.

Maybe not that.

It's not like he wanted to come here. He had to. After what happened, he had to check on her.

"I want to continue to live life with you in it!"

That was probably too exorbitant of him. He massaged his forehead as he just smacked it with his palm to forget the very embarrassing moment.

Out of nowhere, a hand crept from his shoulder and to the crane of his neck. The sound of smacking lips was his cue to escape. One of the last cues, to be precise.

"Ah" cried out Tanjiro, jumping forward to release himself from his restrainer. Why can't he just catch a break? The teenage hormones weren't helping either in hiding the blush in his face.

Shinobu stood there, chuckling to herself. Was his reaction that satisfying for her that she enjoyed it?

"Oh my! You don't fail, do you?" asked Shinobu with a grin plastered over her face.

The teen was too busy trying to recognize the change in Lady Shinobu. Tanjiro shook his head to dismantle himself from his overthinking.

"Are you busy, Lady Shinobu?" asked Tanjiro curiously.

"Why do you ask?" She asked raising an eyebrow, a teasing smile appearing. "Is it what I think it is?"

"No, no it's definitely not that." He said shaking his hands, rejecting whatever idea she's planned to bring him to his utmost embarrassment. "I just came to see if I could accompany you."

"You came to accompany me?" said Lady Shinobu surprised.

"Yes," Tanjiro replied, giving away a nod.

"Well I'm done with my work here," said Lady Shinobu, switching her gaze from the shop to the read head. "Wouldn't mind spending some time with this young man here now, would I?"

The older woman took her bag from inside the shop and took off onto the street with Tanjiro following from behind, trying to catch up with her.

"Where are we going, Lady Shinobu?" asked a huffing and puffing Tanjiro.

"You asking questions now?" Her tone sounding strict. Her eyes darted to look back at the following red head. "I thought you were here to accompany me."

Tanjiro just kept quiet. Why is everything still the same? He thought Lady Shinobu would have changed. She must have. At least a bit. He wanted to check on Lady Shinobu. To spend time with her and get to know her better. That way he could help her.

"So what do you want to do?" asked Lady Shinobu, leaning closer to him.

"Huh?" Tanjiro asked confused. "Anything you want to do, you do, Lady Shinobu."

She's suddenly interested in what he wanted to do. That's new.

"Come on. Don't be so boring." Shinobu gave a pat to his back, pushing him forward. "I know. We should try the new sweet they made at that shop."

It looked like she was enjoying this but deep down she probably still hated him. He couldn't tell. His sense of smell was no use against the strong scent of perfume.