Chapter 29

Two people were standing by the red car. The man had his hands in his pockets. He was almost the same height as Abhay, maybe a centimetre short. Close to him stood a pregnant woman with a fine face. Her clothes were loose but her stomach was evident. Although she was on the shorter and plumper side of the spectrum, she showed off quite beautiful curves in spite of being pregnant, and definitely an envious pair of breasts. The couple looked harmonious and adorable.

"He is Ramit. My best friend since school. That's his wife, Geetha," Abhay told Deepali, before he turned to Geetha, "She's Deepa. Don't say anything bad to her!"

Ramit greeted Deepali with a smile while Geetha smirked and snorted at Abhay. "Fine. Not everyone is an idiot like you, anyway."

"I didn't hear that!" Abhay said as he walked to the trunk to put Deepali's bag.

"You look like a model... What do you do?" Geetha asked Deepali with admiration and curiosity, while she turned her head in the direction of the fighting club board.

"Thanks!" Deepali smiled at the genuine compliment which came from someone she considered beautiful. "I'm a member of the stick-fighting club."

"Their club has a fancy name. Baton Bulls. Abhay posts his weekly progress with that tag," Ramit said.

"Oh, he does. It's one single page of the book every time."

"Deepa!" Abhay had put her luggage inside when he heard her joining them to bully him. "Get in, all of you!"

When all the four doors clicked close, the journey started. At first Abhay decided to go down the old NH5 and stop for the night at the coastal cities, and in the day, ride by the ocean and stop at the beaches, and come back doing all that again. Since he had Deepa he was not going to look at other girls. It was purely just to drive his new car on the highway and enjoy that adrenaline as they hit 140 kmph, because he could not do that within the city. Ramit and he would take turns to drive and talk and talk and talk.

But now that the girls had joined and one of them was pregnant, and because they did not have enough time to cover the east coast, or even reach anywhere near Kolkata, he changed the plan. They were going to drive at a low speed and go to his uncle's farm house. They'd just relax, watch movies, talk, and if the witch didn't mind, leave her out and party with some drinks. What if he did not get to race on the road with his red car, he was going to get closer to his gorgeous girlfriend. He had to thank the witch for the idea. If Ramit was on the top of his list of friends, then Geetha was easier found from the bottom.

They braved the rush hour traffic and hit the highway. It would take four hours to reach the farm house, located on the outskirts of Agra.

By the time they reached their destination, against Abhay's expectations, Deepali and Geetha had become friends. They teamed up to laugh at him. He knew it! His baby was his only good friend. Although he chuckled from time to time, at least he did not add on to their topics.

An hour ago, to make them stop, he told them all the new features the car came with and bragged a little. Geetha then said that in a few years, they'd also have the latest model of car and that they were still better than him because Ramit had his own business, while he was relying on his parents' business. Deepali, instead of rebutting Geetha's words, told her that nowadays, he was not even taking much care of the business. That he had left everything to his father's assistant and spent more than half a day playing with the stick. Abhay was so angry, he blasted music for the rest of the journey.

In the next two days, one pair grew closer while another drifted apart.

Abhay acted all angry until Deepali shouted back at him after lunch. Then she dropped a bomb telling him that she told her father about him. Abhay sat up straight. "Does your dad know how to fight too?"