XLIII

Seokjin had everything prepared for tonight. It was both a show of his love for Namjoon as well as an apology for his reaction to Jihoon kissing him. Though Namjoon didn't blame him, any sane person would believe he was cheating on him. No amount of 'it's okay's would make him feel better about his lack of support for Namjoon when he needed guidance to understand what had just happened to him. This was a small love letter complete with his ask for forgiveness.

"Jin, baby," Namjoon called as he closed the door behind himself and looked around the dark house. It was barely lit at all save for the dancing shadows of the flames Seokjin had lit. The air was thick, a sensual vanilla and bergamot surrounding everybody. "Why's it so dark?" Namjoon rid himself of his shoes and coat, looking for the origin of the flickering fire along the walls.

He walked quietly until he turned towards the dining table and saw Jin perched on the corner of it with two hot meals on either side of his legs. "Hi, Joon." He called, wiggling his fingers in greeting. "I made dinner."

Namjoon gulped at the sight before him. Not only did the dinner look good, but so did the food. A warm bowl of pasta with celery, chicken, paprika, and bell peppers on each plate as well as some crackers were set on both plates. Namjoon was really hungry but the food could wait.

Well, a few bites wouldn't hurt.

Namjoon sat down in his chair and got comfortable, avoiding looking at Seokjin's bare legs. Jin was in a baby blue silk robe that ended at his mid thighs. It draped loosely over his body and Namjoon could feel his mouth dry up at the sight.

"What's all this?" Namjoon asked as he took a bite and groaned at the taste. He'd marry Seokjin, even if they were already vowed to each other. With cooking like this, he really couldn't let Seokjin get away. "It's not our anniversary or anything." A shiver ran down his spine at the possibility of him forgetting something important. It's definitely happened before. "Unless In forgetting something."

"No," Seokjin smiled and shook his head. "I just love you a lot, and I wanted to do something nice for you. It's not very big, but it's good for tonight." He reached his hand out and lightly scratched Namjoon's chin, his silver bracelet jingling as he did. Watching the red diamond reflect the candlelight as he pulled his arm away made Namjoon smile fondly. He looked down at his own wrist, feeling warmth flutter in his chest.

"What?"

"Nothing," Namjoon shook his head, "Your wrist just looks so pretty with that bracelet on."
Jin chuckled and hopped off the edge of the table to sit down and eat dinner with Namjoon. He was so preoccupied with everything infront of him that he hadn't even realized the tv sat in the corner of the room. "I didn't even see that." He nodded across from them. "What's it for?"

Jin jumped up and walked over to it, making sure to bend over and make his robe ride up while he fiddled with the tv. He used the remote to pull something up and sat down again. Namjoon had stopped chewing to simply stare at Seokjin's behind, Jin could feel his eyes boring holes in his back and that's exactly what he wanted. "So we could watch tv!"

He pulled up some shorts on Disney plus, feeling giddy upon seeing Namjoon's grin as they watched the shows quietly, only exchanging a few words now and then as they ate. It was comfortable and though one of their favorite things is their banter, sitting in silence simply being in each other's presence was also a favorite of theirs. They could never get enough of each other.

When they'd reached the end of the shorts, both men weren't hungry anymore. Not for food, anyway. "Jin, can you come here?" Namjoon asked and Pat his thighs. Jin nodded and got up to sit on Namjoon's thighs, lovingly gazing up at him from his shoulder. "You're my favorite thing in the world."

"I'm a thing?" Jin challenged mischievously.

"Yeah," Namjoon laughed, "A piece of shit." He laughed harder when Seokjin smacked him and tried to get up. "No!" He held his waist, "I'm kidding!" Jin kept smacking him lightly until he wiggled out of his grip and stood up. "Aw, baby, Don't go." He whined when Jin walked off into the kitchen. He was about to get up to follow when Seokjin returned with a small present box in his hands. "Huh?" Seokjin sat back in his lap and held out the box to him. "What's this?"

Seokjin felt shy all of a sudden but he quickly got over it save for a faint blush on his cheeks. "Well, i planned to give this to you whenever they got to me but it just happened to be perfect timing and they arrived today. Open it."

Namjoon skeptically opened the box. The pair weren't immune to a small prank or two on each other, so a random present could be suspicious now and then. He peeked inside and when he deemed it safe, he opened it all the way. "Oh, new reading glasses?" He asked and took them out, looking at the nice pair of glasses.

"Not just that,", Seokjin added, "They're blue light coated. It's to help with the strain of screens on your eyes. You're on the computer s lot for work so I thought I'd get you these to help. I know you get headaches sometimes so maybe these will help. Plus, you'll look so handsome." Namjoon looked closely at the glasses without saying anything, simply inspecting them. Seokjin began to worry it was a boring present. "It's lame, i know. I just thought you'd want them since you've been waiting for your glasses."

Namjoon shook his head with a small chuckle. "I love them," he put them on and used his phone to look at himself. "This present really shows both of our ages because I'm really excited about them." He leaned over and pecked Seokjin's cheek. "Thank you, baby."

It was a sigh of relief for Seokjin now that he knew the present wasn't a bad one after all. Being alive so long Can make it a bit difficult to keep up with trends, and acting age appropriate as well.

"Heh," Namjoon chuckled quietly, "I'm gonna look so cool at work tomorrow." He muttered happily under his breath. It made Seokjin feel like he really nailed it, and he really did. It helped that Namjoon was a nerdy young guy, made his age feel different. Namjoon was mature, but not the same as Seokjin. Luckily, Namjoon liked older guys. "How do i look?"

Seokjin couldn't stop his grin. "So handsome, Joonie."

There it was, that sweet nickname he only heard once in a while. It was almost exclusively linked to sex save for the occasional throw of it casually. A pavlov trick, he'd call it, because now every time he heard the name he began to think dirty thoughts. The night was clearly meant for that anyways.

Namjoon Pat his lap and Seokjin straddled him once again, watching as Namjoon set the glasses on the table. "I'm glad you like them." He shyly played with his fingers. "I got scared you'd think it was a dumb old people gift."

"Anything you give me is an old people gift."

"Hey!" Seokjin smacked him in the chest, pouting while Namjoon giggled at his own joke.

"No, baby, I'd love anything you give me. Besides, you know me really well. I don't think you'd have to worry about me not liking something you give me. I know we're from way different generations, and if that shows then it's perfectly fine. It's bound to happen. It has and it will continue to, I don't care as long as you're with me. I'll grow old with you and you'll grow old, old, older with me." Jin tried to hold in his smile at the last comment but couldn't, giving up and grinning as he hid his face in Namjoon's collar.

"You're the sweetest thing, Joonie." Seokjin mumbled against Namjoon's skin. Goosebumps blossomed along his body, Seokjin's warm breath and sultry yet genuine tone making his every hair stand on end. "How'd I get so lucky?"

Namjoon was becoming tense under Seokjin's weight. Not even answering the question though it was surely rhetorical, he sat still and looked at Seokjin's handsome face. "Can i kiss you?"

"You Don't have to ask, babe." Seokjin grinned and smashed his lips into Namjoon's. The ask for permission made him feel so special. Despite their relationship, Namjoon always wanted to make sure things were okay. He was so respectful and it's one of the things Seokjin loved about him. They pulled away for air and his fond smile was reflected in Namjoon's. "Now are you gonna make love to me or what?"

++++
So sorry to make y'all wait just for it to be a filler chapter but next one should be smut for you whores

My other book is popping off idk what that one has that this one don't? Like it's fine I'm just perplexed lol

N O T P R O O F R E A D