XLVII

Seokjin was quiet when he got home that night, too much on his mind. Namjoon noticed that very quickly. "What's wrong, baby?" He asked.

He looked over and felt his mouth go dry as he laid his eyes on Namjoon's sweaty form. He'd just finished working out again. There were so many thoughts swirling in Jin's head, surely a few of them could be naughty, no?

He shook his head in an effort to shake the nasty thoughts away. "Nothing, it's just," simply recalling today was making him tear up. "I came home early today because Jihoon and Chanyeol came in today."

"Did he say something to you?" Namjoon asked, "Chanyeol better stay away from you, that bastard."

"No, it was Jihoon." Jin couldn't even say his name without feeling insecure. "He was just being stupid and taunting me." He lied. Seokjin didn't want to tell the truth. He believes Namjoon didn't leave that voicemail but it still made the possibility bubble in the back of his mind. "I ran off crying and Chanyeol comforted me."

"Oh," Namjoon nodded. Truthfully, he wasn't a fan of Chanyeol being anywhere near Seokjin but if he wasn't there to uplift Jin then he's at least grateful Someone else was. "Were things okay?"

Jin nodded, "Yeah, and it's making me realize somethings."

That phrase made Namjoon very nervous. He tensed up, unbeknownst to him, Jin but his lip as he watched it happen. "Like..?" The towel he held, he wiped across his face and tossed in the hamper in an effort to ease himself more. Be as casual as possible and you'll feel as comfortable as possible. He tried to keep his cool but if Seokjin decided to leave him for Chanyeol, he's not so sure he'd be able to.

"I wanna give Chanyeol a chance," Seokjin confessed. Namjoon sucked in a sharp, quiet gasp of air before sighing. "To be in my life, I mean, not romantically. I could never leave you, Joonie. It seems like he's changed and I don't want him like that but I think he could at least work off the years of hatred by being my friend. After all, people can change, right?"

Namjoon nodded, trying to be understanding despite how much he didn't like that. "Honestly, i Don't like the idea of your shitty ex that's been trying to win you back being anywhere near you. But, you're a grown man and if you think you wanna pursue being friends with him, who am I to stop you?"

"You Don't like It?"

"Are you kidding?" Namjoon scoffed. The bed dipped at the foot from Namjoon taking a seat. "Your parents literally wish I was him and you said before you've gone back to him plenty of times. I trust you, I don't trust him. I've got a bad feeling about him and everything around him."

"If You're worried I'll go back to him, you don't have to be." Seokjin crawled over to him and wrapped his arms around his neck, placing his chin on Namjoons shoulder. "I'm never going anywhere without you, Joon."

Namjoon couldn't get rid of this feeling of conflict. Should he tell Jin about his encounters with Chanyeol? It might come off as jealousy, or lack of trust. It could also spark anxiety in Jin, two bad ends to be at. He bit his plush lip as he thought things over silently.

"You're the only one I want." Jin whispered in his ear sincerely.

Namjoon reached up and gently caressed Jin's hair, chuckling when Jin mewled over it.

"You're so cute."

"Cute?" Seokjin scoffed, "I'm hundreds of years old! I'm a mature, refined being. I'm sexy, not cute."

Namjoon rolled his eyes, "You like being cute."

"Yeah, I do." Jin caved and laughed. He crawled around him and sat in his lap with a soft smile. "Maybe you and Chanyeol will get along better than you think. He's always been a charmer."