Chapter 17: Catching up

*Before you guys hunt me down with a pair of chopsticks, please read Author's note at the end of the chapter. Thank you!*

~Tsuna's POV~

All of us were seating around the table at the Dining Hall. Curry, Garden Salad, Takoyaki, Onigiri, and Omelettes were spread throughout the table.

I blinked at the enormous quantity of food in front of us. "Wow, this is quite a spread!" I murmured.

Kyoko, who was seated at my right, giggled. "Yup! It's only right that we should have a feast."

Yamamoto scratched his head. "Feast? What for?"

Haru crossed her arms and frowned. "We're celebrating Lori-chan's recovery! Of course we have to make a small feast for her!" Haru's arms loosened a bit and she stared at the table, obviously upset. "Lori-chan... Reborn-chan told us that she fainted three days ago because of fatigue."

I felt my insides go cold. 'So that was the cover up Reborn told them, huh?'

Kyoko folded her hands on top of her lap. "Lori-chan was unconscious for three days. I can't... I can't even describe how worried Haru-chan and I was for her. I'm sure... we aren't the only ones that were worried for her, right?" She slightly raised her head up to spare each and every one of us a glance.

'Of course I was worried. More than I even thought I'd be.'

I sighed deeply and looked at the two girls. "Kyoko-chan, Haru..."

The door suddened opened.

"Huh? You guys are all so quiet. Am I interrupting something?" A voice rang through the room.

Reborn smirked. "Oi, Lori. Are you feeling fine now?"

The raven haired girl glanced at the infant and nodded. "Yep!" She chirped and sat beside me since it was the only place available.

"Lori-chan!" Kyoko and Haru chorused and they stood up with teary eyes and rushed to hug Lori.

The ravenette was a bit surprised but nonetheless hugged the two girls back. "Hehe, why are you crying, you two?"

The two girls could barely utter a clear word with all the sobbing they were making.

"Tch, you sure took your time, brat." Gokudera leaned his head on his palm and smirked a bit at the scene in front of him.

Lori threw her head back and laughed heartily. "I sure did, didn't I?" She nonchalantly asked.

I pursed my lips. My intuition was telling me that something was different. It wasn't something bad, it was more of something different. As if her aura has been more composed and genuine.

I stared at Lori as she continued to smile and comfort the two girls. Her genuine smile, her twinkling eyes, the warm aura she emits.

Those were enough to send these crazy behomoths to flutter madly in my stomach.

What is going on?

"Ahaha! Nice to see you're well, Lori!" Yamamoto smiled at her.

Lori nodded and smiled back.

By this time, the two girls already started to calm down and returned to their seats.

"We were so worried about you, Lori-chan!" Haru's puffy nose made the statement a little airy.

"We couldn't stop thinking about you," Kyoko gently rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sticky tears.

Lori smiled sadly. "I'm sorry if I made everyone worry. Enough of this drama though! Are all of these for me?" Her eyes scanned the different types of food laid in front of her. I couldn't sworn her charcoal eyes twinkled as she stared longingly.