Chapter 12: Shattered

~Gianini's POV~

"Hime-sama!" I called from the hallways. Where is she I wonder?

I gingerly walked through the training rooms in case she was there. I've been looking all over for her! But then I saw a slightly opened room, I immediately peeked inside. I saw a girl who's back is against my direction so I could only see her black shoulder-length hair.

I withdrew from the door and straightened myself. I knocked on the door with the back of my hand.

"Etto, excuse me but, is Lori-hime inside?" I asked politely.

There was a slight pause before the answer came.

"...Yes."

I brightened up and asked another question. "Ah! May I please come in, Hime?"

"Sure," Hime-sama obliged. 

I opened the door and stepped inside. My happy expression was immediately ripped away when my eyes locked with hers.

'L-Lori-hime's eyes...'

She was in her HDWM. A roaring flame on her forehead and her eyes burned bright orange. But there was something different in her eyes. It wasn't the calm, resolved eyes I was used to whenever I saw the future tenth in his HDWM. This was worse...

Her gaze was steely and cold. Her expression was absolutely unreadable and blank. 

A shiver suddenly went down my spine.

"A-ano Hime, Juudaime and the others had finally arrived base. They'll see you in the meeting room down the lobby." I nervously informed.

I could have sworn I saw her eyes glinted for a split second when I mentioned the Juudaime, but it disappeared as soon as it came.

"I see. Is that all?" She asked.

"Yes, Hime-sama."

"Okay," She closed her eyes and the flame on her forehead disappeared. When she opened her eyes, the unreadable look was still there. The only difference was that the bright orange gleam was not there anymore. 

"I'll just go up later," she informed. 

"I-I see. E-Excuse me then, Hime." I bowed and exited the room. 

I've never been so eager to go back in that boring control room until now.

_____________________________________________

~Tsuna's POV~

"Well then, I will be Hibari's replacement." Kusakabe informed.

Before he could continue, the door quietly creaked open. 

"Sorry I'm late. I was training in the training room. Please proceed, Kusakabe-san." a voice I knew all too well said.

I looked up. 

When I did, I suddenly wished I did otherwise. 

The moment my eyes caught hers, my blood run cold. Lori-chan's eyes were dull, it had lost it usual cheerful gleam. 

She gracefully walked across the room and sat beside Fuuta which was exactly across from where I was seated.

Guilt was consuming me... her eyes were more than enough proof that see was upset with me. But why was she upset? I don't recall ever doing anything to her.

"First, we flew Hibird because of a request by Kurokawa Hana," Kusakabe informed. "It was a request by Kurokawa Hana to help Sasagawa Kyoko. That is our organization's arrangement with Vongola."