Chapter 1

Four's POV

It's been two months since........ The incident, and things haven't been the best. I don't know how I've been holding up until this point, I guess it's the fact that I finally have my mum back which is great. We are really bonding and getting use to each other, although I'll never get that abusing, violent thing of a farther back ever again. All I can remember from him Is that brown belt slashing Into my body everywhere, making my body stiff and In pain. Should I be happy or sad that we'll never get to know each other again? I don't know how to feel. I guess I'm still In shock and in disbelief over what happened, but you know that's MY life.

Every day I think about her and what happened that day , how did everything go from great to horrible? I feel like I could have stopped everything from going the way It did, I don't think I can ever forgive myself, I'll never be able to say that beautiful name again. Right now I have Christina who is basically now my best friend since Uriah and Zeke are no longer here. But Christina has been amazing as she also knew Her very well. She has been there for me through thick and thin, we both lost someone special to us. I lost Her and she lost Will. I guess we were bound to become friends.

Today I'm going to clean out her stuff in dauntless head quarters, I never really paid much attention to her stuff as I paid more attention to her. Christina will be coming, you know Christina persistent and straight forward she wouldn't shut up until I said yes. So I did, after like 100 times of her asking.

"Before anything, I need a bite to eat" bellows Christina

" What? a lady's gotta eat?" I reply

" Precisely, NOW LET'S GO"

" This tummy can't wait any longer soon it'll ......."

"Ok, ok fine let's go but I'm driving, If you drive hungry no one is safe, not even people on the other side of the country not even the people In space not even......" I exclaim whilst I get interrupted.

"Can't hear you, already in the driver seat" Christina yells

"Are you serious" I say

"Yep, now come on!!!" she yells from the car

"uggggghhhh, girls" I whisper

"I heard that" yells Christina

"Heard what" I say sneakily

"Just move it, we don't' have much time until dark"

"Alright, I'm coming"

I hop Into the car and find Christina listening to a bunch of horrible out dated songs.

"Um mm, Christina" I say

"Yep" she says while shaking her head to the music.

"Can we change the music to something, you know In the 21 Century?"

"Sorry, can't hear you busy listening to the world's greatest songs"

"Yeah, that's an over statement" I whisper

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" yells Christina

"Nothing, never mind" I respond, sliding deeper into my seat

We arrive to a place called Dauntless Hangout, which is the newest place where all of the people from dauntless hang, chill and eat ALOT , I mean that place probably earns a millions dollars per person. The dauntless usually eat the dauntless specialty which is a chilli dog with chilli peppers and chilli ingredients that are... chilli ( obviously), they eat chilli because you know chilli is seen as "tough" thing, although I don't get home. The best thing of this place is the pictures of dauntless hero's on the left wall as you walk in it's called the 'The Hall Of The Dauntless'. The hero's on the wall mark important parts of dauntless and faction history, I haven't been here in years. As a kid my dad (before he turned horrible) use to bring me here before it was all renovated. I remember I use to pretend to be them by wearing a cape and saving stuffed animals from other stuffed animals, they use to be my hero's and still are. I want to check If it's been updated, I wonder and see who has newly been put up there?

"look Christina says", " Bob Marley, Dylan Mark field, Brady O, Conner, Zeke? , Uriah? and hey look it's you and the stunning and beautiful and lovely and amazing Christina, shall I go on.
"Umm, no you shan't"
"Hey look it's Tris"
" Wow, who's that, that is some piece of eye candy" says a random stranger looking at her picture.

I turn to him and say " What, did you just say"

"she's hot what can I say, oy do have that chicks number? Cause I need it real bad"

" Have some respect" I yell

"Ok then" he says, "she's respectfully hot"

"Shut your mouth " I yell

" Make me" he says as he shoves me

I punch him and push him on the table, he gets up and goes for a punch but I grab his arm and swing him over making him crash onto the wooden table.He rolls over and lands on the floor groaning. I grab a knife from off the table and hold it to his throat and I put the knife closer and closer until the blade is lightly toughing his throat, enough to Make a mark, I realise that what i'm doing is wrong so I get up shocked and puzzled, looking around to everyone else's terrified faces, holding loved ones close.

"I need some fresh air" I say walking out

" Four, please, wait, talk to me" yells out Christina

I head out side and start walking away when I feel Christina grab my arm.

" WHAT!!!!" I yell uncontrollably

" What, what could you possibly want, I nearly killed a man, terrified women and children. I mean there Isn't really anything much to say either than I'm a horrible person" I say loudly

" No, you're not a horrible person ok now look at me"

" Look, I know how you feel, I get it but... attacking that guy? Do you really think Tris would want that?

" I, I don't know, no?" I say regretfully

" Alright then you need to learn to control your anger"

" Now, what do you say we calm down and go over to get Tris' stuff. It's time." Christina reassures me

"OK" I agree quietly

After a while of walking I decide to apologise for that unnecessary scene.

"Christina, um mm... I'm sorry you had to see that"

"See what?"

"You know that whole....... Owwwwww"

"Thanks Christina, you've really been there to keep me sane"

"It's ok, what are friends for?" she replies.

The car pulls up into the dauntless headquarters and a flash back of memories just rush through my head, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. I decide to stop for a minute and take a deep breath before I get any closer. Christina then opens her side of the car door and then stares at the headquarters for a bit, I see that she too is also overwhelmed so I grab her hand . After that she then turns to me and hesitates for a bit before she finally says.

" listen Four, it's now or never"

"I know" I say shakily

I open up the car door, take a deep breathe and walk down the drive way with Christina clutching on to me with support. As we arrive at the front of the door I keep my self from getting in the car and driving away by remembering I'm doing this for me and her because If I don't I'll never get over these feelings of hatred, anger, regret and guilt. Before I open the door I just need one more word of reassurance from Christina and as soon as I turn to her I hear a gentle and soft voice from behind me.

"You can do it Four, I know you can" whispers Christina.

"It's time I say, I've been putting this off for too long"

I clutch onto the handle, breathe and push.