Chapter 2

As I open the door I am shaking with fear I can barely hold the door handle. It seems like a normal dark room that has been abandoned for years, but as I turned on the light memories of her and me start floating around uncontrollably. The time I showed her my tattoos, the time she told me she was divergent and the time we first met are the memories that are replaying over and over in my head. It even still smells like her which is like honey and sugar, what a sweet combination. I walk around the room dazed and find her old abnegation clothes which she kept for memories of her child hood, her dad and mother. She use to tell me everything and I would do the same and when ever we fought It felt like the world has split in two.

I stop and find her favourite dauntless clothing, which is her black leather jacket and her favourite leather pants. All her clothes use to have a lot of padding because she didn't like looking small and for protection from those divergent haters. I guess that the protection she had wasn't good enough. My eyes slowly begin fill with tears before I turn to Christina who has been following me the whole time for support.

"How?, how did I let this happen to her I said I was going to protect her but I didn't, I didn't, I ....." I choke on my words

"I let her die" I say sadly

"No, no you didn't, you couldn't have prevented what happened ok? It was ment to happen" Christina reassures.

I wipe my eyes , turn to her and gaze into her eyes for a while when I ...... I kiss her.

"What are you doing" she says pulling away

"I can't believe you!!!" she yells

" How could you do that to me, to Tris, to... To Will?"

"Will" She says tearing up

" I, I have to go" she says crying

"Christina, wait, I'm sorry, I didn't mean............ to""

Before I could finish my sentence she runs out of the door and gets Into her car and speeds of.

"What have I done , I may have just ruined my only true friendship" I say aloud.

I walk out side and as I am about to leave and close the door I turn around and mutter

" I'm sorry" ( saying this to tris)

I close the door and bring out my phone and rush to find Christina's name on the contact list so I can call her So I can clear up this whole messed up situation.

I call and It goes straight to voice mail, I do this about 500,000 times.

"Hello Christina, look I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking I just wasn't my self I was In a bad place, please call me we need to talk." I say on a voice mail message.

I then hang up my phone, checking my phone every 10 seconds hoping she has called back. Since I don't have a car I have to walk back home that is a 30 block walk. On the way there I have just reached my 10th block when I saw Christina In a smoothie shop called " Smoothie's For All". I walk up behind Christina and see her looking at pictures of her and will on her phone. She Is tearing up muttering "I'm sorry Will, I'm sorry."

I walk up behind her and hold her shoulder saying " Christina, please. Talk to me".

She turns around sniffling and wiping her tears, she takes a breathe and then wipes her tears one more time.

" Listen" she says in between breaths "I understand, you weren't In a good place" , "But, I just feel like I double crossed Will and I don't know how to deal with it".

She starts crying and the only thing I think I can do right now Is by be her friend she has always been for me and now it's my turn. I make her stand and hug her, she hugs me back and starts crying even louder. A while later she calms her breathing,stops crying and pulls away from me.

" You know, your'e not to bad at this whole friend thing"

"Well, I am an excellent friend, world's best citizen and just while I'm going AMAZING cook, I mean my lasangne is really good, like master chief good" I reply

"Hold on big guy, calm down. How about we go to the Italian place around the corner and get the world's best lasange there because it so good, even good enough to go on master chief" she mimics

"Or we can go to my place and let me make the World's best lasange" I say

"Or we could not and go to the Italian place, and trust me I'm not going to repeat my self OK?"

"Yes Man" I agree and salut.

"Move out soldier" She says and begins marching.

" YES MAAM" I follow her to the Italian place.

Once we get to the door, Christina stops barricading the door and turns to me

" Meh... I don't feel like Italian anymore" She says

" Are you serious" I say

"Yep, I need to finish my smoothie and get a new one too"

"Are you serious we walked 10 blocks for nothing" I say upsetely

"Fine, you're lucky I owe you" I reply

"Then why do you think I'm taking advantage of you? Duh"

"Boys" she whispers

"I heard that" I mutter

"Heard what?" She says

After a while of talking, we arrive at the smoothie place and ordered 3 smoothies. A mango Passion blast for me and a berry blast smoothie and a pineapple, strawberry shot blueberry and watermelon smoothie for Christina. Man, that girl may be small but can fit a lot In that stomach of her's.