#3 Stan O' War

This is just a really short one-shot about Stan.

"So, waddaya  say?", Stan was asking Mabel and Dipper.

The Mystery Twins joined Soos in his boat, laughing as they drove off. Stan sat alone quietly, left behind.

Of course the twins would rather go on some "monster hunt" than spend quality fishing time with their Grunkle.

Must run in the family, Stan thought.

"Ingrates! Aw, who needs 'em? I got a whole box of creepy fishing lures to keep me company", Stan said, cringing in disgust at the sight of them. He shut the box.

Stanley patted the beaten remake version of the Stan 'O War, smiling sadly. His mind wondered to Ford.

——————————————————————

Stan stood on the deck of the ship, waving a wooden sword in the air. Ford looked over at him from the wheel, grinning from ear to ear.

"Are you practicing your battle skills? For when we fight zombie pirates?", Ford asked excitedly.

"Yes sir!"

"Good, we need a fighter on the Stan 'O War", Ford stared at the beach, imaging waves crashing against their boat, an adventure ahead.

"I can't wait to sail the Seven Seas with you, bro!", Stan exclaimed.

"One day, we shall!" Ford confidently shouted!

———————————————————————

Grunkle Stan swam away from the docks, guilt turning his insides. The dark waters sloshed against the boat, mist seeping all around him. Stanley bowed his head, his eyes clouding.

"One day, we shall, Ford."

Welp, it's gonna get harder to write What Ifs and one shots for you guys, since school is starting tomorrow. But, I'll still try to post at least once or twice a week. Enjoy!

-1_book_boss